Home Sports Talk
Options

Jays lose B.J. Ryan, Reed Johnson and Troy Glaus

What the heck is going on in the AL East with all of these injuries - Mussina, Wang, Pavano (OK, that's no surprise). In a matter of seven days, the Jays have placed B.J. Ryan (our closer) and Reed Johnson (our leadoff hitter) on the DL. And Glaus is said to be on his way to the DL.

Here's hoping my Jays can keep it together.

Comments

• Options
    blame it on the cold weather. geez. crazy
    fortunately i dont have any of these injured blue jays on my fantasy teams. (though i do have wang, Randy Johnson and Cliff lee!)
  • Options
    Word just came out that Reed Johnson is gone until July.
  • Options
    Just in time for the Red Sox to play 3 in Toronto and then 3 in NY. What a shame!image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough break for Jays and Yankee fans.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    didn't Ryan own the Sox last year?
  • Options
    I know Ted Lilly owned the Red Sox. He was pretty mediocre against everyone else though. B.J. Ryan pretty much owned everyone last year. He didn't let up an earned run until June.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writer, good to see around again! Where have you been all winter? Hibernating? image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know Ted Lilly owned the Red Sox. He was pretty mediocre against everyone else though. B.J. Ryan pretty much owned everyone last year. He didn't let up an earned run until June. >>

I was so glad to see Lilly leave the AL East!!!
  • Options
    Hey guys,

Good to be back. I have been reading the boards just not posting a lot. I've been impressed with the "fight" the Jays showed in the series against Detroit without Glaus and Johnson. I just hope we don't get buried this week against the Sox. Dice-K is big news up here in Toronto. Tuesday night crowds are usually around 20,000 in Toronto. I imagine it will probably be double that tomorrow night.
  • Options
    The news keeps getting worse. Ryan out 4-6 weeks. Glaus officially placed on the DL.
  • Options
    It's not all bad Writer, I have both Fraser and Marcum on my fantasy team, I honestly think they'll be fine! Missing Glaus might hurt a bit, but injuries to Ryan and Johnson they can overcome.
    Jay