Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHOCKER image

• Options
    Maybe when he turns 40 and is fat he will be able to pitch image
  • Options
    the only guarantees in life are death, taxes, and pavano making his way to the dl.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And in other news...the Earth is round!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    What a waste of $$$ for the Yanks.
  • Options
    any Yankee fan must come clean... Pavano is one of their biggest free agent bust of all time.

It doesnt help that Wang, Pavano and Mussina are on the DL.

I read an article that they have a new trainer; who stresses lunges and strength over stretching and flexibility.... wonder how long he keeps his job.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    On the bright side the Yanks got two more starts out of him this year than last year image
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options

<< <i>You Red Sox fans are truly sad. That every move by the Yanks is dissected and prayed upon and extrapolated by you guys is really funny. It's almost as if you couldn't even be Red Sox fans if you didn't have the Yankees to wish against. Yankee fans, on the other hand, look toward championships while Red Sox fans consider that a secondary goal. Their main one being that the Yankees don't win the championship. But considering the history of futility that the Red Sox have shown throughout almost a century, who could blame them? >>

imageimage
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    who had April15 in the Pool???

probably Torre
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You Red Sox fans are truly sad. That every move by the Yanks is dissected and prayed upon and extrapolated by you guys is really funny. It's almost as if you couldn't even be Red Sox fans if you didn't have the Yankees to wish against. Yankee fans, on the other hand, look toward championships while Red Sox fans consider that a secondary goal. Their main one being that the Yankees don't win the championship. But considering the history of futility that the Red Sox have shown throughout almost a century, who could blame them? >>

Oh, jeez, lighten up. Bri2327 has the right attitude.
  • Options

<< <i>

Oh, jeez, lighten up. Bri2327 has the right attitude. >>

AGREED! JEEESHHH!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something must be in the water in the Bronx.

That, or these new "conditioning" coaches need to be replaced pronto...I mean, this has gotten beyond ridiculous.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WELP, things look pretty grim at this moment. All of this on the heels of Mo belching out a two run lead with 2 outs and nobody on AND 2 strikes on Mr Marco.

What can I say except that it is a LONG season and its not like we have three pitchers out with rotator cuff problems.

With that said NOTHING in recent memory can be as bad as the 11-19 start the Yanks had just two years ago.

I am in for the LONG HAUL fellas and if any baseball fan rises and falls with every happening every day he won't stay a baseball fan too long image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

<< <i>For the record, I was posting tongue in cheek and chuckling as I posted. I wasn't upset or anything but taking a few lighthearted digs, though I do believe there is truth in the statement. >>

Look, this is what it is....... Being a SOX FAN. # 1- Love the Sox, HATE THE YANKEES
    # 2- Give up on the Sox "Im all done with them", HATE THE YANKEES
    # 3- Next year arrives "Lets Go SOX" Woo Hoo!, HATE THE YANKEES

Thats it in a nutshell. image