Home Sports Talk
Options

What was the worst MVP pick since WWII?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>in 1976,1977,1978 or 1980 Parker was the team MVP in 1979 it was Pops. >>

Because he was the straw that stirred the FAMILY, right? And you know that he was more valuable than Parker - in the year he missed all those games - because.....? Most likable player, sure. Best straw - the award is his. But you have separated "valuable" from any and all connection to playing baseball and therefore rendered it entirely meaningless. What if it had been the bench coach who had come up with the "stars" gimmick and all the players responded to him in exactly the same way they responded to Stargell - does that make him the MVP? Or can't bench coaches be straws?

<< <i>PS why no mention of Hernandez Willie didnt win it alone. >>

Because Hernandez was a legitimate contender for the MVP while Stargell was not. I have no objection to Hernandez being named MVP.

<< <i>BTW no $hit they vote before the World Series they still do not win it without Pops, he was the straw that stirred the FAMILY. >>

So if we all agree that winning the MVP has NOTHING to do with the World Series, why on Earth do you keep bringing it up? What am I saying, you didn't just "bring it up", it is the sole justification you have put forward for why he deserved the award. But, since we agree that the WS can't possibly justify the MVP award, you have, in fact, not offered ANY justification for why Stargell deserved the MVP. Straws, of course, notwithstanding.
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.