Home Sports Talk
Options

Attention: Meet your new NL HR Leader....

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
Jim Rollins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is going to happen when Ryan and Pat the Bat wake up and start putting them out of the park?

Get your slim 5 game lead now, cause you are going to need it!!

Sincerely
Philly Nation

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-8.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phils have time to turn it around, no doubt Mr.Heritage God.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    J-ROLL

he's on a tear lately, 2 more hits today NICE!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Lets Recap:

Home Run Count

J Roll: 7
    Delgado,Reyes,Wright,Beltran,Green,Alou,Valentine,Chavez: 4

JS
  • Options
    Lets Recap:

Home Run Count

J Roll: 7
    Delgado,Reyes,Wright,Beltran,Green,Alou,Valentine,Chavez: 4

JS

Last Recap:

Mets 7-4 .636

Sillies 3-8 .273

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Phils have looked like crap, then pitching has been AWFUL yet Rollins is out slugging your entire team and one more day like
    today and you all are just 3 ahead of us.

JS
  • Options
    you all are just 3 ahead of us.

I know you Silly fans have trouble counting and all, but the lead if 4 games, and that's after only feakin' 11 games! By June, it'll be 10 games at least. Your bullpen is AWFUL and bound to blow many more games than you save. Face it, Kevin, you root for LOSERS, first the Sucs, now the Sillies, who's next, the Flyers??

• Options
    ahhhhh...Bucs have a super title..and I believe in the past 30 years the Phils and Mets have the same number of rings. So whats your
    point besides you wished you had J Roll on your team.

JS
  • Options
    So whats your
    point

Mets: 7-4

Sillies: 3-8

'Nuff said. LOL.

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    besides you wished you had J Roll on your team.

LOL id take reyes over rollins anyday of the week and twice on sunday.

Jose Reyes = 2007 MVP
  • Options
    if jimmy ends up with 20 homers by the end of the season he will be lucky image

kiddin, kiddin

April stats rarely predict good end results. who knows, maybe the Gods have taken pity on the Phillies since the regular bats are stinkin up the joint....maybe Rollins sacraficed a goat to the baseball God and he hath been rewarded with "Barry Bonds Steroid Fortified Power"

only time will tell!
  • Options
    The Phillies bats woke up yesterday. Today's game is postponed but we'll be passing the Pets fairly soon - the stinkin' Pets will lay down like the dogs they are...just a question of when. Then we'll key in on passing the Braves.
  • Options
    - the stinkin' Pets will lay down like the dogs they are...just a question of when. Then we'll key in on passing the Braves.

• Options

<< <i>- the stinkin' Pets will lay down like the dogs they are...just a question of when. Then we'll key in on passing the Braves.

image >>

I knew that would be Jerry's response. But he who laughs last, laughs best. We'll see who is in the World Series this year - Might not be the Phillies but it certainly won't be the Pets. Overpaid, underachieving, choke artists are what the Pets are and they'll get owned again before the season is over, if not for sure in the playoffs.
  • Options
    I knew that would be Jerry's response. But he who laughs last, laughs best. We'll see who is in the World Series this year - Might not be the Phillies but it certainly won't be the Pets. Overpaid, underachieving, choke artists are what the Pets are and they'll get owned again before the season is over, if not for sure in the playoffs.

At least the Mets will be IN the playoffs, your Sillies can't even make it that far!

And wasn't it less than a week ago that you had given up on the Sillies, that they were HORRIBLE and that you couldn't bear to watch them anymore? Hmmm? Just like a Sillie fan, on and off the bandwagon, only as loyal to your team as their last win (and those have been few and far between for you guys this year)!

Mets will REPEAT as NL East Champs this year. Sillies will whine about how their guy is leading the league in homers, LOL!@

• Options

<< <i>I knew that would be Jerry's response. But he who laughs last, laughs best. We'll see who is in the World Series this year - Might not be the Phillies but it certainly won't be the Pets. Overpaid, underachieving, choke artists are what the Pets are and they'll get owned again before the season is over, if not for sure in the playoffs.

At least the Mets will be IN the playoffs, your Sillies can't even make it that far!

And wasn't it less than a week ago that you had given up on the Sillies, that they were HORRIBLE and that you couldn't bear to watch them anymore? Hmmm? Just like a Sillie fan, on and off the bandwagon, only as loyal to your team as their last win (and those have been few and far between for you guys this year)!

Mets will REPEAT as NL East Champs this year. Sillies will whine about how their guy is leading the league in homers, LOL!@ >>

<<<<< And wasn't it less than a week ago that you had given up on the Sillies, that they were HORRIBLE and that you couldn't bear to watch them anymore? Hmmm? Just like a Sillie fan, on and off the bandwagon, only as loyal to your team as their last win (and those have been few and far between for you guys this year)! >>>>>

I knew an "outsider" might take my posts this way and that's fine - I really couldn't care less. Phillies fans understood my "humor" in those posts as well as getting out the frustration. Phillies fans would rather let the anger out than keep it bottled inside - it's healthier that way. New York fans are excellent fans...but I strongly believe that Philadelphia fans are the best fans in the world. So don't worry about it Jerry my boy...I and other fellow Phillies fans will never quit on our Phillies - NEVER!

Steve
  • Options
    So don't worry about it Jerry my boy...I and other fellow Phillies fans will never quit on our Phillies - NEVER!

Ignorance truly is bliss. image

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had/have high hopes for Myers this year in fantasy, he got SHELLED last game which did not bode well for me. Any news about him floating around in Philly newspapers? Is he healthy?
  • Options

<< <i>So don't worry about it Jerry my boy...I and other fellow Phillies fans will never quit on our Phillies - NEVER!

Ignorance truly is bliss. image >>

Nah - you're wrong again. It's known as loyalty - LOYALTY Jerry...you'll eventually figure it out. LOL
  • Options
    Nah - you're wrong again. It's known as loyalty - LOYALTY Jerry...you'll eventually figure it out. LOL

LOL, Loyalty? From you?? A guy who was ready to give up on his team after the first week of the season? LOL. Oh, I forgot, you didn't "mean" to say you had lost faith in your Sillies, that's just how you "let out your frustration" I see. BTW, How's that one kidney working out for you, the one that you were left with it after that "lock" of a prediction you made earlier this season? Going against you is gold, Stevie, just gold, LOL!

• Options
    grote15=bandwagon jumper

• Options

<< <i>Nah - you're wrong again. It's known as loyalty - LOYALTY Jerry...you'll eventually figure it out. LOL

LOL, Loyalty? From you?? A guy who was ready to give up on his team after the first week of the season? LOL. Oh, I forgot, you didn't "mean" to say you had lost faith in your Sillies, that's just how you "let out your frustration" I see. BTW, How's that one kidney working out for you, the one that you were left with it after that "lock" of a prediction you made earlier this season? Going against you is gold, Stevie, just gold, LOL! >>

If you're gonna remember my posts Jerry, then do it correctly please - it was both kidneys.

And at least least me and others here have the stones to make some calls. It's easy being a Monday Morning Quarterback. LOL
  • Options
    And at least least me and others here have the stones to make some calls.

Stones, what stones? You wrote your team off after the first week of the season! LOL. And I have made my call--from day one---and that is the Sillies will finish below the Mets in the NL East standings! image

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I think grote has been possessed by axtell...
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I think grote has been possessed by axtell...

I have had this strange yearning for a Mini Cooper lately...image

• Options

<< <i>And at least least me and others here have the stones to make some calls.

Stones, what stones? You wrote your team off after the first week of the season! LOL. And I have made my call--from day one---and that is the Sillies will finish below the Mets in the NL East standings! image >>

Good for you Jerry. Your Pets were a heavy preseason favorite to do that - we'll see what happens.

And as I clearly stated already - I would never "write-off" my Phillies. Good fans get angry at their team sometimes and sometimes often - fans that don't give a chit don't get angry because well, they don't give a chit. Keep thinking about this Jerry baby - I know you'll eventually understand it if you think hard enough. LOL
  • Options
    Good for you Jerry. Your Pets were a heavy preseason favorite to do that -

Not according to your man J-Roll, they weren't...guess you have less faith than he does, LOL.

• Options

<< <i>I think grote has been possessed by axtell... >>

Jerry's allright - we're just having some smack talk fun, at least I speak for myself anyway. It never seemed to me that Axtell was having any fun at all - but perhaps what he was doing was "his way" of having fun. image
  • Options
    Jerry's allright - we're just having some smack talk fun, at least I speak for myself anyway. It never seemed to me that Axtell was having any fun at all - but perhaps what he was doing was "his way" of having fun.

Agreed. I can't help talking smack, I'm a New Yawk fan after all. image

• Options

<< <i>Jerry's allright - we're just having some smack talk fun, at least I speak for myself anyway. It never seemed to me that Axtell was having any fun at all - but perhaps what he was doing was "his way" of having fun.

Agreed. I can't help talking smack, I'm a New Yawk fan after all. image >>

I respect all sports fans who root for their teams. That's what was always so "strange" about Axtell - he never seemed to really "root" for his teams. Yes he would respond to negative comments about the Bucs, but never any post that I can recall really cheering for them to win.
  • Options

My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey