Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What are the toughest error cards to find from 1970-present in your opinion?

2»

Comments

• Options
    psu92psu92 Posts: 283
    Since nobody can find a scan of the 1990 Upper Deck Mike Witt error, I still believe the 1990 Upper Deck Mike Witt error is the toughest error card to find.

Like I said before, I have been looking for years and I cannot find that card.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

i did find a tim conroy with white name lettering. the rest of the cardinals cards are black. anyone have any info on it?

>>

hmm...never heard of that one....pics? image >>

White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options

<< <i>More 1988 Topps errors-

88 Topps #179 Charlie Puleo -- E in Braves incomplete + corrected

>>

Is the spot in the E the error?
    White Whales:
  • Options
    White Whales:
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image

Not sure how rare, but here is the image. >>

Can't see the pic. Red x.
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    I was always partial to the 1983 Donruss Ron Jackson error(A's team).
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    wasn't there a variation of the 89D Jose Canseco 40/40 highlight card that incorrectly read 4/40? i heard about it, but never saw one.....
  • Options
    I'M TRYING TO RESEARCH FOR 1990 LEAF BASEBALL ERROR CARDS. NEED TO KNOW THE RARITY & VALUE.MAYBE A BOOK OR WEBSITE, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ? I HAVE 8 ERROR LEAF CARDS.
  • Options

<< <i>I'M TRYING TO RESEARCH FOR 1990 LEAF BASEBALL ERROR CARDS. NEED TO KNOW THE RARITY & VALUE.MAYBE A BOOK OR WEBSITE, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ? I HAVE 8 ERROR LEAF CARDS. >>

If your referring to wrong backs-basically worthless. If your looking for a book on errors/variations LMK and I can connect you with Dick Gilkeson who wrote a book in 92 ish and has alot of info. I think it is around $20.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>wasn't there a variation of the 89D Jose Canseco 40/40 highlight card that incorrectly read 4/40? i heard about it, but never saw one..... >>

Im unsure. I looked thru a book I have and it only lists errors for the Grand Slam inserts and checklists.

On another note I looked thru my book for pic/mention of 89 UD black rectangle and came up empty handed. I emailed my buddy who is out of town. Hopefully he saved pic when one was on ebay a few years back.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    psu92psu92 Posts: 283
    Actually, the UD Black Rectangle Mike Witt error is 1990, not 1989. Also, the card # is 702. I have never seen a pic of the card. I hope your buddy saved the pic.

On another note I looked thru my book for pic/mention of 89 UD black rectangle and came up empty handed. I emailed my buddy who is out of town. Hopefully he saved pic when one was on ebay a few years back. >>

• Options
    HI,
    THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE. AND YES IT DOES SHOW A RED X .
  • Options
    The 1990 Upper Deck #702 Mike Witt card was pulled early in production and replaced with the Expos 'Rookie Threats' card. Witt was pictured as a Yankee, and there was a rather large black rectangle on the back. It is a tough card to find, but I've seen several of them pop up on EBAY over the years.

I bought Dick Gilkeson's book back in the early 90's and it is excellent. I believe that an updated error & variation reference guide is way overdue. I am definitely willing to share my discoveries with other collectors on this board. If anyone here is interested in sharing information, please feel free to send me an email. My email address is cincykid75@hotmail.com.

Tim
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The 1990 Upper Deck #702 Mike Witt card was pulled early in production and replaced with the Expos 'Rookie Threats' card. Witt was pictured as a Yankee, and there was a rather large black rectangle on the back. It is a tough card to find, but I've seen several of them pop up on EBAY over the years.

I bought Dick Gilkeson's book back in the early 90's and it is excellent. I believe that an updated error & variation reference guide is way overdue. I am definitely willing to share my discoveries with other collectors on this board. If anyone here is interested in sharing information, please feel free to send me an email. My email address is cincykid75@hotmail.com.

Tim >>

Did you ever save any pics of the Witt error?

how much do they go for now?
    -- Ryan Bell