Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Basic Set - 100% / Master Set - 98.8% .... but still have a lot of work to do!

.... with the help of a recent submission, my Chris Sabo set registries are looking more and more complete! The (listed) Basic set is 100% complete, and the Master set is missing just one card. In reality, the list on PSA's site is missing MULT. cards... some of which I have (graded) and others I'm still seeking (graded.) I have about 20 additional cards in the 'requested' pile waiting for PSA to add to the list.

... anyhow, just thought I'd share in case anyone wanted to stroll through some of my junk-year Sabo's!

Chris Sabo BASIC Set
&
Chris Sabo MASTER Set

Enjoy!

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

Comments

• Options
    Russ, congrats on having the sets go live. Did you specify you wanted a basic and a master or does PSA just add a basic when you put in a master request?

I like the fact that you added scans for each card. A lot of hard work but much appreciated by many. You also get to just log in and look at your Sabo collection whenever you want ... or at least a small portion of it. Which brings me to ...

I get the feeling they're missing a TON of Sabo's. If Sabo's checklist looks anything like my Greenwell checklist you're going to be working on this thing for a while. Did you forward a checklist to PSA while they were compiling it or did you just allow them to do it?

Nice work. Keep us updated.

Arthur
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    those are nice sets and i enjoyed the pictures
    i remember him as an oriole he was a very solid player, i thought.
    enjoyed watching him play.
    thanks for the look

congrats!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Russ, congrats on having the sets go live. Did you specify you wanted a basic and a master or does PSA just add a basic when you put in a master request?

I like the fact that you added scans for each card. A lot of hard work but much appreciated by many. You also get to just log in and look at your Sabo collection whenever you want ... or at least a small portion of it. Which brings me to ...

I get the feeling they're missing a TON of Sabo's. If Sabo's checklist looks anything like my Greenwell checklist you're going to be working on this thing for a while. Did you forward a checklist to PSA while they were compiling it or did you just allow them to do it?

Nice work. Keep us updated.

Arthur

Thanks Arthur! I originally submitted my request a LONG time ago, but I THINK I specified a master set, and the basic just came with it.... that whole "your request will be ready in 3-6 weeks" is a joke.... it took nearly a year for mine to get processed. I didn't sent a list in with my request, I didn't see any avenue to do that. The list that's on PSA's site has 80(??) cards listed in it??? ... but I actually have about 300 different cards that PSA would grade... so their list is really nowhere near complete. I have several others PSA have graded just waiting to be added to the list... it's just a long road, and I just have to patiently wait. I wanted to focus on what they listed first, and then work outside that box second. LOTS of time, and even more $$ involved! BUT, it's what I collect!

• Options
    Wow nice work man. I always enjoyed watching this goofy looking guy play. Can't believe there were any cards of him without his glasses, interesting. Didn't he cork his bat once, I seem to remember watching something to that affect on ESPN back in the mid 90's. image
  • Options
    Onefast:

This may be uninteresting to you - but I was going thru my "stuff" and found a Cracker Jack mini Sabo still sealed. You can see CS through the paper. I will send it to you if you want it. I don't even know why I have it!!! Just happened to see this thread.
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Wow nice work man. I always enjoyed watching this goofy looking guy play. Can't believe there were any cards of him without his glasses, interesting. Didn't he cork his bat once, I seem to remember watching something to that affect on ESPN back in the mid 90's.

Ya.... even I'll admit his goggles were kinda goofy, but hey, everyone remembers them! I just really liked his desire for the game... his all-out balls-out approach. There was a bat-corking incident back in '96 in his last year of playing. He swears the bat didn't belong to him (there's a new one.) Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.... I know I'd use a corked back if I could! I'd NEED it!

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Amazing collection. The number of PSA 10 pop 1's is impressive.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.