Home Sports Talk
Options

King Felix

Guy is straight dominating, still very young and it looks like losing that weight has helped.

Comments

• Options
    Thank god for JD Drew...never thought I'd be saying that!

To one-hit the Sox...IN FENWAY...is quite a feat.
  • Options
    He was dominate last night.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nasty stuff
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    what a performance that was

he's only 21 and getting better!
    WOW
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    looking like dwight gooden of 85
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I kinda wish he threw the no-no, I would be able to sell the stub on ebay
  • Options
    Kerry Wood had the same kinda of stuff 5 years ago....lets hope Felix turns out a little better
  • Options
    That was a great game to watch, some of the best pitching I've seen and from a 21 year old. Good stuff!
  • Options

<< <i>That was a great game to watch, some of the best pitching I've seen and from a 21 year old. Good stuff! >>

Agreed, and a great story to boot!!! I mean the last pitch he used to strike out the Sox was representative of how good his stuff was all night long.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Did any of you happen to watch the ESPN broadcast?

Now I know that when a pitcher has a no-hit bid going well into the game, his teammates won't mention it, won't talk to him, and won't even sit by him on the bench. I always thought that the broadcasters were supposed to respect this superstition too and kinda shut the heck hup when it gets into the 6th and 7th innings? While I'm glad that the Sox weren't embarassed by getting no-hit, I was annoyed that the broadcasters kept blabbing about it . . . one of them was even talking about it as JD Drew was hitting the ball which unravelled the whole deal.

• Options
    Not sure if it is an un-written law for broadcasters, but I agree, they would not shut up about the no-no
  • Options

<< <i>Did any of you happen to watch the ESPN broadcast?

Now I know that when a pitcher has a no-hit bid going well into the game, his teammates won't mention it, won't talk to him, and won't even sit by him on the bench. I always thought that the broadcasters were supposed to respect this superstition too and kinda shut the heck hup when it gets into the 6th and 7th innings? While I'm glad that the Sox weren't embarassed by getting no-hit, I was annoyed that the broadcasters kept blabbing about it . . . one of them was even talking about it as JD Drew was hitting the ball which unravelled the whole deal. >>

Watched the whole thing go down...and yeah, if you watch Jon Miller & Joe Morgan, Jon will say something like"And you can read the line, hitless after 6" or something like that, but the clowns last night where actually using the term "No hitter". To be fair, it is their job to try to get the casual fan flipping thru channels to stop & stay awhile, and letting the surfer know a no-no is in progress is a great way to do it, but I too thought last night was way over the top, there are better ways to do achieve that goal.

And yes, I about choked when they were actually in the process of saying the word"No-Hitter" when Drew broke it up.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broadcasters are the WORST to jinx anything in a game.
  • Options
    From what I've noticed over the years...

National broadcasters normally will mention it for some reason (maybe because there may be a few boneheads watching the game that haven't realized it yet?). I agree it is VERY annoying last night, even for this Red Sox fan.

Local broadcasters will usually mention it, too, but they try to dance around actually saying the word "no-hitter," even if they do so indirectly. For example, when they're going to a commercial break and the scoreboard comes up they'll say something like, "and if you're just joining us, the box score is not a typo..."