Home Sports Talk
Options

Drew Bledsoe has retired

Doesn't come as a huge surprise. When he was at Dallas the decline of his football skills was getting very obvious.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more seeing him clap the football with his hands while the line collapses all around him? image

• Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    A great career. My favorite quarterback of all time. Too bad he had no running back after Curtis Martin was signed to a offer sheet that Kraft was too cheap to match.
    Plus the Robert Edwards getting hurt didn't help. Drew deserved better. People should never forget that it was him who got the Patriots to the superbowl by beating Pit.
    Oh yeah, Tony Romo is the most overrated quarterback in the league. I laughed for hours when he botched the snap. Nice job choking.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A great career. My favorite quarterback of all time. Too bad he had no running back after Curtis Martin was signed to a offer sheet that Kraft was too cheap to match.
    Plus the Robert Edwards getting hurt didn't help. Drew deserved better. People should never forget that it was him who got the Patriots to the superbowl by beating Pit.
    Oh yeah, Tony Romo is the most overrated quarterback in the league. I laughed for hours when he botched the snap. Nice job choking. >>

I appreaciate Bledsoe for his contribution in getting us to the Super Bowl no doubt but his pocket presence played a big role in many lost oppurtunity's for the Pats. Similar career to a Vinny Testerverde. Doubt very much HOF material
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Bledsoe is like Tetaverde in the sense that they both played well for long periods of time, but neither played great in any one season.
    If they were both Baseball players they would be shoe-in's for the HOF, Because baseball awards consistencey and compiling of stats.
    While Football tends to award how great you were at some point in your career.