Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Roosevelt clad upgrades needed for registry set

I know we all toss coins into odd places when we are not in need of them.
But when/if you have a few minutes, please check to see if there are any that would help me upgrade. Remember it's not so easy to find these coins when they are tucked away into drawers and boxes, or being used to level the desk when it starts to rock. image
Bands or no bands, if it's an upgrade I'm interested in it.
Remember it's tough to run with the pack, when They are using SF coins, and I'm using business strikes.
Dan

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan,

If you can't run with the BIG dogs, stay on the porch with me. Have a shot of Jack and watch'em spend all that money!imageimage

Jon
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I hear and agree with what you are saying Jon. But I wanted to show that a person could STILL build a high grade set while sticking with business strike coins. That there was no need to trade off the purity of the set just to get the points that SF coins can provide.
    And there is always the chance some of us pure business strike builders may decide to add the SF's at the last second. You know, just to get the point across.

I forgot to mention, I'll have to break down and buy the 06 P/D SF's since I don't own either of these coins. Good thing the value of these coins in SF are so LOW. I think I can pick up both for $100. Some of the sellers on ebay have started to let them go at a very low price lately. And with the release of the 07's this should prove worth watching.

A yellow ribbon for the TRUE BUSINESS STRIKE COINS. You remember those, the coins that brought us into collecting to start with?
    Dan
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan,

You make me feel so dirty by not being a full BS guy.image The ONLY reason I have SF coins for 06 and 07 is because that was all that was available to buy. You can tell by my set that I am not a POINT guy. Heck, I couldn't pull the trigger on a 1969 in 66. Another member felt sorry for me a GAVE me one in 63! I just can't spend big money on clads. They are not rare and never will be and I am trying to do the complete dime set that does have some very rare coins in it.

Your set is coming along real nice. I see you only have a few to go, which I don't have any of them. Sorry.

Later, Jon
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Well Jon, we'll just have to get some business strikes to you. image
    Then you can sell those SF's and put the money towards some real coins.
    Dan