Home Metal Detecting
Options

Okay Zot I'm right behind you!!

image Pulled out 2 more silver's today and of course my usual marble find,there is one other marble in the pic I found recently but forgot to post it.

Anyway hit one spot where I got 2 wheatie's and a 47 rosie,then I was off to another spot where I got the marble and the piece with the Army insignia it may be silver but I have to test it.
Well after that spot I met up with one of my hunting buddy's and we hit a park that we have named wino cap park do to all the dang wine cap's we dig upimage
With every hole we dig it is not uncommon to pull out 4,5 or more wine cap's out of one hole,it drive's us nut's.
Anyway after being there about 30 min and 20 wine cap's I get this deep signal and decide to dig it thinking well it's probally 50 wine cap's in there.
It ended up being 1 44s merc,3wheatie's,1 wine cap,1 rusty nail and 2 clad penny's all in one hole.After that all I dug was more wine cap'simage
HH,Tom

Comments

• Options
    Nice silver finds!
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Message understood! image
    In a week's time I'll try to strike back... image

Wow... that's a tough area you're detecting there...
    .. but it looks like your patience is paying off - those are nice silvers, and the army piece looks very interesting! image

<< <i>It ended up being 1 44s merc,3wheatie's,1 wine cap,1 rusty nail and 2 clad penny's all in one hole >>

Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    Nice work Tom!

You and Zot seem to be in good with the "Silver Gods" this month!

<< <i>we hit a park that we have named wino cap park do to all the dang wine cap's we dig up >>

There is a hillside along the river in a park here that I call "Glue Sniffers Gulch" , do to the fact I've found at least 30 spent Testors model glue tubes.
    They are all priced at 19 cents. Pretty cheap way to burn up some brain cells back then.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Nice finds Tom! Any identifying marks on the army piece? Oh yeah, the marbles, always the marbles!! lol
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Zot it is a very tough area but the old coin find's are worth it as some very nice key date barber's have come out of there looking just like the day they were lost but you really have to wotk for them.

Hey GR I remember some of my dumber friend's doing that in high school.Do's that place hold older coin's??

Mary no there are not I was looking for them but nothing so I will test it just to see.

HH,Tom