Home Metal Detecting
Options

Hori-Cow!!!! VTHIII Prize!

OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
Well my brand spanking new Hori-Hori knife arrived today! Thanks Jerry!!! This thing is great! I can't believe how substantial this thing feels. I sure will miss my plastic garden trowel!image

As if on cue the snow has been flying all day and I had to dig under five inches of heavy wet snow to get to the box the postman left on the porch!
This is April correct?????image

Comments

• Options

<< <i>This thing is great! >>

I really like mine too!

<< <i>I sure will miss my plastic garden trowel! >>

Actually, the first time you gouge a coin..you may think just that! image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. I'm glad it got there. Jerry put me in charge of ordering it, and the company I bought it from was moving their warehouse when I ordered it. It looks like they followed instructions well.

This was the best price I have seen on a hori-hori so far.

John brings up a point (literally!). You might wanna grind and buff or otherwise round down your point a little. Eventually, use in the ground will do that. My 12-year old hori-hori is still going strong, despite the duct tape and rust. I like that its point is quite dull now, but I need to sharpen the sawteeth. Over the years they have totally rounded off with wear.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John showed his, so I gotta show mine in an action shot, too. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Good point about the point!image

Thanks again for putting the VTH together. Thanks for working the delivery side as well. Now can you do something about the snow????image
  • Options
    I hope you have fun using the Hori-Hori.

Thank you LM for the help in shiping that for me.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Good. I'm glad it got there. Jerry put me in charge of ordering it, and the company I bought it from was moving their warehouse when I ordered it. It looks like they followed instructions well.

This was the best price I have seen on a hori-hori so far.

John brings up a point (literally!). You might wanna grind and buff or otherwise round down your point a little. Eventually, use in the ground will do that. My 12-year old hori-hori is still going strong, despite the duct tape and rust. I like that its point is quite dull now, but I need to sharpen the sawteeth. Over the years they have totally rounded off with wear. >>

I just ordered one myself, no I just need to get a pinpointer and a detector and I'm all set. Thanks for the link.

As for rounding off the point, if I let my wife use it as a gardening tool, you think that will wear it down fast enough?

Rob
    4/92
    4/123
    -----------
    Invested $216.76
    Return on Investment $0.68
    Found but keeping $.15
  • Options
    Hello Rob,
    Re: >>As for rounding off the point, if I let my wife use it as a gardening tool, you think that will wear it down fast enough?<<

That might help. Once you get good at pinpointing, you will be able to take a dull screw driver and probe down six inch and touch a target. So the main thing with the Hori or any dig tool is to make the plug (hole) big enough so as to NOT hit the target. We still hit a target from time to time. :-|

Remember---> Recheck your hole for targets before you refill it.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage