Home Sports Talk
Options

Should we just start the "Dice-k was only good today because.." thread now?

It was the Mariners
It was cold
Nobody has seen his pitches yet but wait til the AS break

anymore Yankmee fans image

Comments

• Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I vote no. This thread topic doesn't interest me.
    Travis
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I think Dice looks great. He has so many different pitches and there's something about the way he holds himself on the mound. Like he's in complete control of the game- kind of like the way Greg Maddux and Pedro looked in their primes. If he was an American pitcher that just got called up and looked like this, we'd have another Clemens/Gooden circus like in 1985. If he can keep himself from getting injured, I think he's here to stay. I'm not a Sox fan either.

Lee
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well like I said about Arod in his HR thread the same applies here. They dont give out Cy-Young awards in April so lets just take it slow, I love how he looked the other day but it was against the Royals. Im rooting for him though!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I don't think those are excuses at all, actually. The Mariners have a very good hitting lineup (Ichiro, Sexson, Ibanez) and pitching in the cold is actually going to be different for Dice-K than what he is used to. He looked great in his first start, but this one will certainly be more challenging for him.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't think those are excuses at all, actually. The Mariners have a very good hitting lineup (Ichiro, Sexson, Ibanez) and pitching in the cold is actually going to be different for Dice-K than what he is used to. He looked great in his first start, but this one will certainly be more challenging for him. >>

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he let up three runs in seven innings...which is pretty good in the AL, isn't it? He looked like a Little Leaguer compared to Felix Hernandez that night -- anyone would have!
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    He's plenty good. Whether he'll be $103 million good remains to be seen.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>He's plenty good. Whether he'll be $103 million good remains to be seen. >>

he'll likely be a better investment than the Giants' Zito $120 million+
  • Options
    Dice K's problem was too many breaking balls, and leaving them up in the zone...whenever he threw them it was obvious that they were gonna get smoked. It was a great game, but the Sox stood no chance against Felix. he was amazing to watch.