Home Metal Detecting
Options

Question: Who here uses a Bullseye hand held detector?

Help?

Anybody here use the White's bullseye pinpointer hand held?

Do you recommend or not?

I use to have a Heathkit detector 25 -30 years ago. Built it myself.
It worked great back then. It is long gone.

Since then I bought a $100 Bounty Hunter from Radio shack. It works but when I pass
over objects it beeps when I swing the detector to the right then beeps back again when
I swing to the left which is good then often the beep disappears again. I wind up having
to hit mode switches to get it set right again.

It is not easy to use compared to the old Heathkit I use to have. The Heathkit worked differently.
The sound increased the closer you got to the target and it was easier to pinpoint that way.
The beep was never interrupted.

Should I trade in the Bounty Hunter or is it me?

If I should trade it in how about a recommendation on a good $300 lightweight detector.
I am not interested as much in the gingerbread as I am in the ease and simplicity of
operating it. I subscribe to Western and Eastern Treasures and I think it was a month
ago that a fellow who wrote an article about his "Garrett", an older model and that it
worked exactly the way I have been describing. He has outstanding success. Maybe this
is the detector for me.

I want a simple to use detector better than what I have, in the $200-$400 price range.
And what about the Bullseye Pinpointer. Do you all use this?

Please, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

- Charlie B -
"location, location, location...eye appeal, eye appeal, eye appeal"
My website

Comments

• Options
    >>I want a simple to use detector better than what I have, in the $200-$400 price range.
    And what about the Bullseye Pinpointer. Do you all use this?<<

Hello Charlie,
    When I use one of my backup detectors I use the Bullseye pinpointer. I like it.

You might look at the White's Prizm series of detectors:
    http://www.whiteselectronics.com/detectorlineup.php#prizmseries

I got a Prizm 2 for the grand kids to use...I think I use it more than they do LOL

Good Luck
    Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    I use a Bullseye also. Works for me.

Gary
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    I use a Bullseye. It works good on the beach and in dry topsoil, but gives a lot of false signals in mud.
  • Options

Thank you gentlemen. I shall look into that. I'll check out the Prizm series
    and since the three of you say you have the Bullseye I guess I'll get one now.
    I appreciate your help. Believe me I have found a lot in the past with my old
    Heathkit, even gold rings, no diamonds though. I even wrote an article about the
    antique sterling silver spoon I found by the property grounds of an old mansion close by
    that belonged to one of Thomas Jefferson's cabinet members. The Initials on the spoon matched
    the family name. The publication was a Discover magazine back in the 70's I think that White's put out.

When I read these great threads and see what you are finding it becomes too much to take.
    When I get my copy of Western & Eastern Treasures in the mail that gets me even more hyped.
    Know what I mean? I want to be contributing pictures here as well this summer.

I use earphones and carry the detector in a long plastic garment bag to be less conspicuous.
    I use a garden spade. I wonder if you all carry a small lightweight shovel as well. I think I may start
    doing that too.

Thank you again.

- Charlie B -

"location, location, location...eye appeal, eye appeal, eye appeal"
    My website