Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Is rounders7 on this board? 1950 Bowman Parnell Auction

He won the recent 50 Bowman Parnell auction on ebay. Judging by the final valuation he must be a collector of the set, or acting for someone. SMR is so off with this card its laughable. I bought mine for about 1,200 about a year and a half ago, and at the time I thought it was a bargain. This recent auction makes me feel even more secure with that thought.

Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.

Comments

• Options
    StumpStump Posts: 927
    Looks to be Joe Wilson to me. His set is on the registry at over 98% complete. He has a great run of sets and looks to be a very serious collector. He has his set open and his email address is listed so he must not care if people contact him. Thats the only reason I posted this.

DJJ
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Gomes
    The Parnell looks like a nice card, however I think whoever you bought this thing from ironed out a crease that ran down the middle of the card. The scan is picking up a pressed out crease.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    1953, I think your right, how the hell could I have missed that? Jeez, how could PSA miss that? I guess Im going to have to flip it on ebay now!
  • Options

THANKS FOR THE WARNING GUY! JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!
  • Options
    HOC, I'll sell it to you for $2x1000. Let me know, PM me. What an asinise comment 1953.
  • Options

<< <i>HOC, I'll sell it to you for $2x1000. Let me know, PM me. What an asinise comment 1953. >>

I don't know if you are trying to say asinine, but there was once a crease in that card. You can see the print missing through his eye all the way up to the hat. Believe me or don't believe me. I don't care either way, but I know what a pressed out crease is and what a missing wrinkle looks like to the pixels of the card.

Just my opinion whether it is asinise or not.

Shane
  • Options
    Gomes,
    This may explain why you got yours for $1200. It is pretty evident.

SL
  • Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's the scan causing the crease effect?

Jake
  • Options
    That wouldnt occur to 1950, its more likely that PSA and myself missed it to him.