Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Pulling this from a pack was kind of depressing

I was opening some packs of 1991 Pro Set Platinum football today, basically pulling out the stars and throwing the rest in the trash. I pulled this card out:

Unfortunately it expired in 1992. That would have been sweet to have a card with 1 gram of Platinum in it. I'm assuming these are rare because Platinum is pretty expensive. I looked on ebay and a common sold for $50. If this would have turned into a Marino or Emmitt back in the day, it would probably be worth some good change now. I doubt this redemption card is worth anything so I'll probably hang on to it for some cheap party conversation. Oh well.

Comments

• Options
    Steve- You might be pleasantly surprised. If someone is building the set for the Registry, the un-redeemed card is usually part of the set. If not, un-redeemed cards sometimes bring decent money on Ebay. Since the cards were meant to be sent in, there are not many un-redeemed cards available. Bottom line, it's not a total waste.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Wow, I didn't even know they put those in packs. There are 2 Paul Brown's on Naxcom, so I'm guessing that's the only card they made out of platinum.

Lee
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    One gram of Platinum is worth a little over $40 in today's market, about 3.5 times what it was worth in 1991. Too bad they didn't put some in the redemption card image

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One gram of Platinum is worth a little over $40 in today's market, about 3.5 times what it was worth in 1991. Too bad they didn't put some in the redemption card image

Joe >>

Well if they did, maybe Keith Richard's would have tried to corner the market, and sniff away