Home Sports Talk
Options

Anyone interested in a NHL Playoff Hockey Pool?

Hi Guys,

I've decided to run a hockey playoff pool. .... any of you are welcome to join .....

I'm keeping it very simple. It'll add to the joy of playoff hockey -- the greatest sporting event on earth!

$10 per person.

We are using John Buccigross rules. Here is his explanation:

>>>
• Pick one player per team in the playoffs.
• Lineup distribution: 10 forwards, four defensemen, two goalies.
• Points: Goal (2 points); assist (1); win for goalie (2); shutout (2); overtime bonus (1 additional point to above totals). • Tiebreaker: Total number of goals in the Stanley Cup finals.

As you can surmise from the points system, having a goalie go deep is vital. An overtime shutout alone gets you five points and each series win is a minimum of eight points. Barring a late injury or a first-round matchup that makes me feel uncomfortable, this will likely be the playoff pool team I submit next weekend.
>>>

In a nutshell:
--- You will have 16 players on your team, choosing one player from each NHL playoff team.
--- Whichever team scores the most points throughout the playoffs, wins our pool.

If you're interested:
1. Email me (blindflyer at yahoo) and let me know. Please provide a team name.
2. I'll get you set up on the free online hockey pool manager I'm using
3. Select your players. Remember, ONE player per playoff team, using the positions listed above (10 forwards, 4 defenseman, 2 goalies).
4. You send your $10 in (via check, cash, paypal, etc)
5. You watch the playoffs and root on your players
6. One of us wins and gets the cash!

I'd like to get 10-15 teams if possible.

This will be fun!

-Tom
- Building these sets:
------- 1960 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
------- 1985 Topps Hockey PSA 9+

Comments

• Options
    Got about 5 teams ... looking for another 3-4 .... cheap and fun guys .... PM me if you're interested!

-t
    - Building these sets:
    ------- 1960 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    ------- 1985 Topps Hockey PSA 9+