Home Metal Detecting
Options

Well I actually got out today

Decided to close the office early and took my DFX to Apollo Park here in Lancaster. It is a large park with 3 tot lots, plenty of grassy picnic areas and a lake for fishing. I quickly got tired of hitting the grass as every signal was a pull tab, bottle cap or foil. I swear people must stand there and toss the stuff on the ground by the pound.

So, after losing patience in the grass I headed over to the ever faithful tot-lots. Unfortunately, over the winter the parks and rec people removed all the sand (these lots have been here 30-40 years) and installed all new shiny playground equipment and a wood chip base so I knew I was going to have slim pickins.

All in all I ended up with $1.88 in modern change, 3 old lead fishing weights, one nice shiny easter egg fishing weight, a little childs pink pendant, a costume jewelry ring that looks like it lost a fight with a lawn mower, a round LED light, and two rivets from some pants.

But I still enjoyed getting out and playing in the dirt image

Comments

• Options
    >>close the office early <<

Now I know why I can't find things on Sat. AM!!! :-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Mr. D! Should have swung by the park dude!

G.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Posts: 1,791

<< <i>Mr. D! Should have swung by the park dude!

G. >>

I definitely thought about it Gary, but I have a client at Fox Airport I needed to see and since I was right there figured I'd take advantage of the opportunity.

Couple more weeks and I'll be more than happy to hit the park, say around April 27th image
  • Options
    That should be good. That's the first Friday after the Poppy Fest. The war dept. is working at the festival this year and has got tickets for all of us. I'm going to scope out where everything is. I've heard rumor the park is going to be officially closed for a week afterward for clean-up and to let the grounds recover. But I would bet some of our fellow hunters will sneak in. Hope they don't try after dark. That could be a hair raising adventure. image
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Nice haul. I'd be lucky to get a stinkin' Lincoln out of the tot lot here.
    Have you been back to that abandoned town at all?