Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1971 Allstate Insurance

Hi,

I had been looking for this set for years, graded or raw, and I finally found it on eBay a few weeks ago. I love the drawings, and the player selection is pretty good too. image

imageimage

imageimage

Here's what the Standard Catalog says about it:

This 4-card series was distributed as part of an internal sales promotion for Allstate Insurance. Graphic artist Ray Lending, an Allstate employee, created the 2-1/2" x 3-1/4" cards in duo-tone black and green on white. Card fronts show the players in batting stance with the player name in one of the upper corners and the "Hall of Fame Series" logo printed across the bottom of the card. The card backs carry the player's full name and position, followed by a brief career summary, biography, and Career Highlights chart listing major league totals. "1971 Charger" and "Hall of Fame Series" are printed at the bottom of the card back. 8,000 sets were distributed.

There was a second set issued by Allstate in 1987 with art again provided by Ray Lending. The '87 set is supposedly easier to find (15,000 sets), but I've still only seen one set for sale and a couple of singles. The '87 set is in full color.

Comments

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob,
    Congratulations! I've often admired this one in the Standard Catalog but have never seen one myself.

Abe
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob, Can I ask you what you paid for them?
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Bob, those are very cool!

Looks like a tough one to find and you have 1/2 the set in PSA 8! Congrats!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bob, those are very cool!

Looks like a tough one to find and you have 1/2 the set in PSA 8! Congrats! >>

And it'll stay that way. There's only been five graded, and the only one I don't have is another Musial in PSA 6. image