Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1976 Topps Football is Cooling Off . . . Not

A bunch of PSA 10's.

Those appear to be pretty strong prices to me. 26 over $100, several more over $200. I'm guessing the seller is very pleased.

Comments

• Options
    What about this card. And its only a 9.

Link
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    I see MOSH was buying a few of those cards under fftru.
  • Options
    I was very surprised. I thought I had strong snipes in and only one went off (Theismann) and I lost that card tooimage
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Weird. The cert numbers starting with '81' are usually (it seems) reserved for Roger and 4SC, yet here's Joe with a bunch of cards bearing that cert.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    This suit is NOT black.......... This suit is black not........
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    this suit is black pause not

this suit is black

NOT
  • Options
    RobBobGolfRobBobGolf Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Very Surprised at the bidding action. A few new players to the set lately, and boom prices jump back up. I had been enjoying a nice buying spree of PSA 10's in the $35-$80 range. Ah the good 'ole days......

Actually had considered selling my # 1 set because I thought the bottom was about to drop out, but hey after these auctions, Im in good shape.

Do you guys think these were all from recent submissions? I thought it looked more like a set break.

Hey Probstein, you and I should have a bidding truce or its me VS MOSH all over again.

RobBob

My #1 1976 Topps Football Set
    Serving Ice-Custard-Happiness since 2006

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Just a question, why is this particular set so hot, I think it is asthetically challenged more than most 70s sets.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    <<Just a question, why is this particular set so hot, I think it is asthetically challenged more than most 70s sets. >>

I am by no means an expert on this set, but I don't think it's particularly hot. The ending prices of the cards shown in this thread are, I think, anomalies. Over the past few months, as RobBobGolf indicates, 10's could be had in the $30 range.

In terms of this set being not exactly the most beautiful set of all time, I present exhibit A to support your point:

Quite possibly the ugliest sports card of all-time.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    All I see is red, I think I'm blind now.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    Is Lane hiding behind a red billboard, I just see a head?
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the Chiefs sport those things, for reasons I can't begin to explain.

It's the first set I bought a lot of packs of. They're all as beautiful as the Payton rookie, to me.

Even the Ron Yankowski and Jerry Sisemore.