Home U.S. Coin Forum

I thought the New York Invitational Coin Show was going to be a midweek show. Looks like it's not.

LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
I wanted to check the dates on this show so I can put them on my calendar and clear any non-essential business for these days. For some reason I thought that this year's show was going to be a mid-week show. Wasn't it that way last year? Anyway, it looks like it is a Thursday, Friday, Saturday show, and I hear that Stack's is the official auctioneer. It's also at a relatively decent hotel in Times Square, although the Marriott Marquis isn't my favorite. Here are the details:

2007 New York Show Will Be

“Marquis” Event In Times Square

(New York, NY) – The fourth annual New York Invitational Coin Show next year will be held in a location familiar to many collectors and dealers, the Marriott Marquis Hotel, 1535 Broadway (at 45th Street), July 18 – 21, 2007. This was the site of the 1997 and 2000 ANA conventions.

Public Hours:

July 19 Thursday 10am to 6pm

July 20 Friday 10am to 6pm

July 21 Saturday 10am to 3pm

Dealer Set up: July 18 Wednesday 2pm to 7pm

For additional information, call (800) 359-9430.

Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition the promotors are cracking down on dealers who left early....several who took advantage are not being invited back....Good For them IMHO
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    The NY Invitational show is not the same as the International show, Jon, that said they would crack down on early departures. I agree with the International's stance, as well. CSNS is speaking the same language for the upcoming St. Louis event.

The NY Invitational is primarily a US show, but will have foreign dealers there and I am looking forward to it being decent. Of course, you have to deal with some Manhattanites being out of town during the summer, but it should be a good draw, from NY and the "rich" suburbs where many forumites reside.

Put it on your calendar.
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file