Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A Message from the President - PSA Seeks Card Grader

Hello All,

With the increased demand for our servcies, PSA is currently seeking another card grader.

This will be a full-time position.

If you have a background in trading cards and feel you have what it takes to perform, please contact me directly at joe@collectors.com.

We are always looking for great people to add to our staff.

Take care,

Joe Orlando
President

Joe Orlando
CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc.

Comments

• Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

OT: Greetings Mr. Orlando,

I have been waiting for that "blow away" grading special just for message board members. And this way, you can give any CU message board member, a chance to join PSA.

A win win situation, no? image

Good luck!

rd
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I have about 270 cards I'd love to grade for you. image

Seriously though, this would be a fun job for a while. Wish I lived in Newport to give it a shot.

Best of luck.

-Josh
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Thamks, but i already have enough people angry with me right now... Oh wait a minute, that's 80's junkie. My bad...
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Do you really want a guy with the name ... "Shouldabeena10" ... grading all your cards?

"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    florida yank,
    why do you keep sending in cards if you are having this sort of luck with them?

one thing when you crack open a case you never now what you will get. did you resubmit?
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Any Job openings for QC? aka someone to check so the flips match the card? Wondering................
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    is this opening for the person who is supposed to update the pop report on the company website?
  • Options

<< <i>is this opening for the person who is supposed to update the pop report on the company website? >>

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Any Job openings for QC? aka someone to check so the flips match the card? Wondering................ >>

That task is already expertly handled by a clan of well-trained chimps.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Joe,

My advice would be to take another look at Kevin Saucier and see how you might be able to work a guy in with his talents into PSA. With all the focus on card alteration today and with the card doctors becoming more and more skilled, it is imperative that the top grading companies stay ahead of them. Kevin is an expert in card alterations and would be a valuable addition to your staff.

Best Regards,

Jim
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My advice would be to take another look at Kevin Saucier..... >>

You say another look. What happened with the first look they gave him, if there was one?
  • Options
    There aren't enough alterations to warrant hiring someone who would spend too much time scrutinizing every card that was placed in front of him.
  • Options
    Nick,

I don't know whole story but I think Kevin was interested in a senior position at PSA where he would work with the graders and tell them what to look for. I don't think Joe was interested in Kevin in this role. Hopefully, the two parties can talk again to discuss a role Kevin could have at PSA.

Jim
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info Jim, and good luck with your sets. I had sent you an email recently about a 1968 Topps baseball PSA 10 #492 Jeff Torborg to upgrade your PSA 9, but never heard back from you. I still have it if you are interested. Happy Holidays.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I'm probably missing something but is the Kevin Saucier being mentioned the ex Tigers pitcher??? or is there an inside story somewhere that I've missed??
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    It's a different Kevin Saucier. This Kevin Saucier is a former board member, who wrote several articles for SMR. He is skilled at detecting alterations in cards, and has his own website for this, but once this was disclosed he was banned from the boards and his articles pulled from the CU archives.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Nick,

Sorry I missed it--was away skiing.

I will pass thanks--9s are good enough for me in that set.

Jim
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    thanks Griffins....now I'm in the know....
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622

<< <i>Nick,

I don't know whole story but I think Kevin was interested in a senior position at PSA where he would work with the graders and tell them what to look for. I don't think Joe was interested in Kevin in this role. Hopefully, the two parties can talk again to discuss a role Kevin could have at PSA.

Jim >>

jim, is kevin saucier a relative of yours....you have been singing his praises for years on more then 1 board, pushing for him to get the job(even when he himself didnt want it) ...just wondering where your manlove for him comes from..

didnt you even suggest once he start his own authentication service?
  • Options
    Fandango,

No, you are wrong on a number of scores.

I have met Kevin once--about 3 months ago.

I have only known of him a few months more than that.

He has talked to PSA about a job in the past.

I think its good that my grading company of choice get all the high quality resources it can to identify sophisticated card alteration.

Jim
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    then how to you account for your net54 post about a year ago asking him if he would start his own grading service?

just wondering why you hold this man in such high regard? how has he proven himself? where is some of his "work"....