Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I'm not sure what to think about this- 1960 PSA 9

I am auctioning my1960 PSA 9 Charlie Neal All Star. Another dealer lists another one two days after mine which ends a day before mine. A bidder puts a large bid on mine and then retracts it. This is not a small card. Should I end the auction and try again later. The bidder who retracted would have had the bid at $255. Did this ruin my auction or am I making too much out of this fact. If it was a smaller bid I wouldn't feel so bad. Give me your opinions and suggestions please.
THANKS,
DANNY

Comments

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    It looks like he bid on yours, then bid on the one steve hart has listed, then when he was high bidder on steve's with that bid, he retracted yours. I think yours is centered a little better, so he might be going with steve's rep or he might be planning on yours as a backup.

You could report him for illegal retraction but ebay doesn't care. Watch and see if he wins the other one, if he doesn't he'll probably be back for yours.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Its a sellers nightmare when there are only a handdful of these in the world and two are on ebay at the same time
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    As of this morning looks like the bidding is at $255 , i think there are enough 1960 high end set collectors as well as Dodger and All Star collectors to push it into the $300-400 range. It is amazing to me sometimes the difference in the price of a card in a Psa 8 holder as opposed to a Psa 9 of the same card. I just bought a Willie McCovey 1960 All Star card for under $60 delivered that same card in a 9 sold for over $1300.00 to the person i just bought the 8 from. Is it really worth it? it's seems like an awful big difference to me. good luck with the auction Mickey . thanks Phil