Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

How many grading card companies are there?

I did a search on ebay today and found the following grading companies...I'm sure there are more...

PRO
PGD
PSA
GEM
CLG
BVG
GRA
KSA
AGS
SGC
SCD
GAI
BGS
CSG
VGS
AAA
CTA
ASA
SMA
CCCC

SO... What do all of these silly letters mean. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Paul

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    The best was Snaggletooth grading.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    They mean, unless it says "PSA," stay away like the plague.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Most mean, "Even though we know squat about authenticating cards, for a nominal fee we'll put your card in a plastic holder with a label that we hope will increase the value of the card".
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Some of them even mean "Even though we know squat about authenticating cards, we'll put our own card in a plastic holder with a label that we hope will increase the value of the card."

Nick

Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Some of them even mean "Even though we know squat about authenticating cards, we'll put our own card in a plastic holder with a label that we hope will increase the value of the card." = GradedRookies

• Options
    there was recently another thread about this exact topic, very funny.

Alot of people have very funny examples of GRA 10 cards (do they even make a GRA 9??) that are so off kilter its a joke to see in the case.

very funny