Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A perspective view of the Set Registry

I first came on these boards a little over 3 years ago, I believe. The push was to have 10,000 registry sets by the National. I just happened to spot on the PSA home page that there are now over 27,000 registered sets. By my calculations, that's 15-20 new sets a day, every day for the last 3 years. Just thought I'd share that.
Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Comments

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    yikes.

that means there are 3 sets to be added today, wonder what it will be?

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I just looked at some of the sets listed for the first time and they are getting really specific. I think some of the sets are kinda odd like 1958 Topps AS set or the team card sets that go until only 1981, Topps is making team cards again. I was looking for some type card sets and they seem to not exist except for these two Ultimate PSA Sampler Vintage Set (who names these sets anyway?) and Originals of 50 years of Topps (how were the players decided and why is there two 52 topps listed). I would like to see some better type sets and variation sets listed (like T206 backs or color variations in some of the Domino Disks)
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I wonder what the number would be like if double-counting was removed....

(e.g. team sets removed from those whom are set collectors, and player basic sets removed from those whom are player master set collectors)
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    It would be nice to know how many sets are 25% 50% 75% complete.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wonder what the number would be like if double-counting was removed....

(e.g. team sets removed from those whom are set collectors, and player basic sets removed from those whom are player master set collectors) >>

2700 sets image
  • Options
    I still remember when they gave out free gradings to the person who had the 2,500th set registered. Doesnt seem that long ago.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I remember when one of my sets was almost the 1000th set, and that had a bunch of free gradings as well.
    I"m sure the number would be even higher if they didn't delist sets with low completion that have been inactive.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    72 and 75 topps used to be the most popular sets ...im lazy ....i wonder which sets are the hottest right now
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx