Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

April PSA Specials

What is the over/under on when PSA will actually post the grading special(s) for April? God forbid they do it early. My guess is Monday.....

Comments

• Options
    OnlypsahockeyOnlypsahockey Posts: 1,479 ✭✭
    Anyone know yet?

I'd love to get my sub ready today!

Bob C.
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    They went old school:

April Special

cards 1953 and earlier $8.00 each

Sports and non sports $75 value 25 card minimum
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Good morning,
    Where are you seeing this? All I see is the old March specials.
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Called customer service
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

• Options
    JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭
    Great special...the only way it would be better if it was $5.00 a card!!!! I am getting a group together now. Thanks for checking!!!
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    well, that is pretty much another worthless offer for me, not too many football cards that are worth slabbing fit in this category. guess I will spend my money on other things then
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    lookalike a need to ready submission
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    PSA must have felt overloaded from the March special, and figured this was a good way to reduce volume in April....
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many pre-1953 cards book for <$75 in an 8? Can't be that many.
  • Options
    my thoughts exactly
  • Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    Do we know for sure this is the April special? I still don't see the "special" updated on the PSA website! I'd like to start putting an order together but dont want to spend the time if it's not really what the special is going to be.

-Claude
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Hey Cuda, did you send my bowman card off yet? Cool, i finally will be able to to get some of these old movie star cards graded. Lots of 9's and 10's!!
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Definitely a special meant to slowdown the subs coming in. Why not just make it hockey cards from 1955-1958? Boo PSA. Boo.

Lee
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Maybe they can get my sub checked in that has been sitting there for over 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Sorry envoy, they informed me today that your sub has been moved from the problem shelf to the quagmire shelf because of your complaining in the forums. You better watch out or it's going to the predicament shelf next.

Lee
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Sorry envoy, they informed me today that your sub has been moved from the problem shelf to the quagmire shelf because of your complaining in the forums. You better watch out or it's going to the predicament shelf next.

For some reason, that reminds me of the time I almost sent a BGS order with a PSA mailing label on it. I don't even want to think about what shelf they would have put that sucker on!
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    $8.00 might be a bit stiff - on some cards - with the current state of EBAY sales.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options

<< <i>Sorry envoy, they informed me today that your sub has been moved from the problem shelf to the quagmire shelf because of your complaining in the forums. You better watch out or it's going to the predicament shelf next.

Lee >>

Heh. At least it would be getting moved. Someone has to touch it for that right?
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Think this one is ok at less than $75? I think it gets a 0 or a 1.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sorry envoy, they informed me today that your sub has been moved from the problem shelf to the quagmire shelf because of your complaining in the forums. You better watch out or it's going to the predicament shelf next.

Lee >>

Heh. At least it would be getting moved. Someone has to touch it for that right? >>

Not necessarily--they get the broom out and poke at the box a little bit. If they poke enough, it might fall off the shelf. Then they smack it with the broom repeatedly until it makes its way over to the quagmire shelf. image

• Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭

Lee >>

Giggity giggity goo, awwwwright
  • Options
    ugh. you guys are killing me here. image

I was waiting for the giggity giggity though. lol

jimq-I'm not sure what theyd do with the Mantle, I have a feeling they wouldn't do it, or at least put your box on the ole problem shelf til you called and then maybe you could convince them it was only worth $75. Might be worth a quick phone call to customer service.
  • Options
    I heard there actually are no human employees at PSA. I heard they built a series of machines that do everything, kind of like the process used to make Pee Wee Herman's breakfast.

(Why do I suddenly get the feeling all of my subs will end up on the problem shelf at this point?)

Lee
  • Options
    as long as it's not the machine from the car commercial that drops the screw and then can't do anything right in his next 4 jobs..

That machine is a loser.