Home U.S. Coin Forum

Brown & Blue Ikes

I have to share with you guys and gals, I just received a bunch of coins in the mail that I had ordered off e-bay, and in the 1964 proof set was an AH Kennedy! :-) Thanks to Russ and his page of diagnostics. I wish I could post pics!!! My wife is laughing at me because I'm so excited..."But you don't understand...It's an Accented Hair variety...Look!!!"

Anyway, got a couple brown and blue Ikes with the intent of putting them into albums (that I haven't yet received).

My question is.....Does anyone have an aversion to cracking brown and blue Ikes out for albums? I've cracked out many a coin for my typeset, but for some reason I'm chickening out on cracking out the Ikes (maybe it's all the fancy packaging?).

Let's hear your input.

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• CheeseGuyCheeseGuy Posts: 191 ✭✭
    I'd crack out anything and everything to fill an album hole
    I like cheese, notes, and coins. In that order.
  • commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭
    Blue Ikes are in a plastic package that can be cut with scissors, and the Brown Ikes (I believe) can just be opened up at the seam, no prying or smashing needed.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • No cracking necessary. Just pry with your fingernails. What is the problem again?

• TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Might as well crack them, You will be doing the Brown Ike's a favor, they tend to get a haze from the mint holders, the series has seen it's better days, I don't believe they will ever have a big resurgence.
    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • I love it!!!

Excellent!!!! Thanks for the advice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file