Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

any news on toppscollector?

over the course of several months,numerous people have been taken for their bv,trusting someone whom they thought would have been honest,one person has taken advantage of the trusting people and swindled them out of hundreds in bv.gaining their confidence ands telling them what they wanted to hear this clown ended up having his mailbox full of bv.i got burned not too long ago by someone who i found out later went by various aliases,clown beat me out of $300 in bv,told me what i wanted to hear.never again, so anyone else?
hello my name is harvo, i am looking for new trading friends, i have collected all four sports and would like to trade at least half of my collection, i have refractors,gu,autos,#serial and inserts, let me know who you like.

Comments

• williplettwilliplett Posts: 471 ✭✭
    So, you were trading with ToppsCollector and you made good on your end and he didn't make good on his?
  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is bv?

Do you mean toppscollector or 80sjunkie?
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>what is bv?

Do you mean toppscollector or 80sjunkie? >>

I think he means Book Value.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall a thread on another baord where toppscollector had ripped off a number of other members, but then said he was going to make good when the heat was put on with law enforcement getting involved, etc. (I can't seem to locate that thread, but it I believe it was in the buy-trade forum). Did he ultimately come through? I don't remember how many members were affected/involved but it was more than a couple. Any news to report on that matter?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • he said he was going to send it priority mail and it would be there in two to three days.
    hello my name is harvo, i am looking for new trading friends, i have collected all four sports and would like to trade at least half of my collection, i have refractors,gu,autos,#serial and inserts, let me know who you like.
  • williplettwilliplett Posts: 471 ✭✭
    How long ago was that harvo? ToppsCollector's stock is trading at about a penny a share on these boards.
    he said he was going to send it priority mail and it would be there in two to three days.

When was that?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • it could have been either one of those clowns,who knows im quite sure its the same person,he most likely got banned from the major sites and probably is using the library to still conduct business.
    it could have been either one of those clowns,who knows im quite sure its the same person,he most likely got banned from the major sites and probably is using the library to still conduct business.

harvo,

the question was when did toppscollector tell you he had shipped out the cards you were missing via priority mail?

• this was three weeks ago,a penny is waaaaaaaaaay too much for this clowns stock,the crooks wouldnt do business with him,afraid of getting ripped off.
    this was three weeks ago,a penny is waaaaaaaaaay too much for this clowns stock,the crooks wouldnt do business with him,afraid of getting ripped off.

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully, this dirtbag will get what he deserves sooner or later.

• BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Here is the link from the BST:

The other thread

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    topps apparently contacted one of the guys he rearended, and stated he would make good on his deals. I never got my card from him, and I dont think anyone else did either.
  • this clown needs a pat on the back and a group hug..........get my drift?
  • I am the guy he contacted. I never recived anything I am out $2000 to $3000 in cards or more for a trade for a psa 8 Jordan Rc Card. He contacted me said he was going to make things right but I have not herd from him.
    hi to all

Collecting Jordan graded cards,
    Jordan #d cards,

Wanted: Bill Quackenbush cards
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Geez that stinks.

Steve
    Good for you.
    someone who i found out later went by various aliases

What other names did this person go by?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    for 2 or 3 thousand dollars, I'd be jumping into my car and paying him a visit.

I would hope all of you that have seemingly been scammed by him follow up on the matter and at the very least file civil suits against him.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>someone who i found out later went by various aliases

What other names did this person go by?

Steve >>

axtell claimed to be in the know but never elaborated when questioned.

If a poster feels they were ripped off by topps, PM a mod and they can look up his contact information. Additionally, they can run a quick search to see if he posted under other aliases.

It really is just that easy image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    He claimed to live in Maryland. Some searches have given an address. The guys who traded with him have an address.

toppscollector also had some stories to tell about people he knew. If you go back and check his posts he "knew" a lot of people.

One I remember is that youtube girl that wound up being a hoax, lonelygirl or something?

Other "friend of friend" stories too.

I do not think that he is 80sjunkie as some have said.
  • this toppscollector could have easily used someone elses address to post from, he has a thousand diffrent aliases and seems to be most notorious on new sites with new people,guess hes laying low hoping this will blow over but believe me topps or 80 or whoever else you might be this isnt over by a long shot.you feel that you can deceive at will and continue doing it? you will slip up soon, and once your status is found out you may just hear a knock at your door,GET A ROPE.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Harvo,

You have been around less than a month (more like a few days) and all of your posts have been about toppscollector.

Sorry but your constant focus on him isn't making sense. Care to elaborate?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

• << <i>Harvo,

You have been around less than a month (more like a few days) and all of your posts have been about toppscollector.

Sorry but your constant focus on him isn't making sense. Care to elaborate? >>

There's something rotten in Denmark.

Arthur
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am the guy he contacted. I never recived anything I am out $2000 to $3000 in cards or more for a trade for a psa 8 Jordan Rc Card. He contacted me said he was going to make things right but I have not herd from him. >>

some guy on the beckett boards named "harvoskilover" was trying to trade a psa 8 jordan rc recently.. link
    ·p_A·
  • bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Wow...superb detective work pandrews !

Harvo, for your sake that better be one heck of a coincidence.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Harvo,

Sorry but your constant focus on him isn't making sense. Care to elaborate? >>

AGREED
    So let me get this straight, harvo or whoever he is (Toppscollector) comes here and tries to see how the board will react regarding the past trading practices of his?

That about sum it up?

I hope this is just a coincidence.

Steve
    Good for you.