Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Suspicious high dollar Ebay auctions

REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
Very good presentation, but theres a lot of red flag secrecy behind that slick veneer. Would you bid? I wouldnt.

1863-S $20 MS61 NGC

Comments

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    He has recent positive feedback from multiple buyers of high dollar coins.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    Yes, the feedback fits but fraudsters are getting very creative in their methods. Its just to secretive. Who are they, where are they from and then theres the hidden bidders. I wish the "winners" well.

-RG
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I think you're jumping the gun in calling this seller a fraudster.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I do not see anything wrong with it. I suspect he uses the private bidder policy because he wants to protect his bidders. He probably has not learned yet that it is an unpopular thing to do and does hurt the number of bids he gets. I used to have all my listings as private until I learned on this forum that it is makes bidders somewhat suspectful of schill bidding, so I no longer do it in auctions. Of course now that ebay hides the bidders name anyway, I guess it does not matter. Other than that, this listing looks fine to me.
  • Options
    I think you're jumping the gun in calling this seller a fraudster.

I didnt call the seller a fraudster but rather I was saying that the lisiting has the look of what a very good fraudster could pull off. I agree that the auctions are probably legitimate, but the secrecy is a real turn off.

At least if you buy a coin from that guy who sells those NNC slabs, you will get the coin - oh but thats another subject...

-RG
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭

<< <i>At least if you buy a coin from that guy who sells those NNC slabs, you will get the coin

-RG >>

Is that suppose to be a good thing?image
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "Of course now that ebay hides the bidders name anyway, I guess it does not matter."

////////////////////////////////////////////////

Yup.

And, MANY folks do not want their purchasing habits made public.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file