Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's wrong with some other boards? <RANT>

You know..we come here to Collector's Universe to exchange info or current events...cards..hobby matters. We use the buy/sell/trade board to help each other out.

When we are looking for certain things...we list it..and others reply...it's great!!

Now lately, I've posted here about looking for bulk common lots. Buying up junk that will only help other collectors clean out their closets. When was the last time someone wanted your 1991 Pro Set football and hockey singles?? LOL

Anyways....those panty wastes over at the "other board"...you know the "price guide people"......well I posted the same ad there...

NOT looking to sell anything...but looking to BUY..to help THEIR board members out....and I got suspended for 2 days and the ad was pulled!!

WTF is wrong with people??

Easiest scenario....next time I see them at a show...I'm going to give 'em heck...

Unless I missed something...I see nothing in their terms about buy ads....

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    maybe cause it was for "modern"...you KNOW how they fell about that!
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    You were probably offering more than some of their major advertisers do.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    f2tornadof2tornado Posts: 180 ✭✭
    Had you read the TOS on the "other site" you would have realized offers to BUY are not allowed. Offer to trade for the boxes instead and pocket the cash.... or make the cash offer to the inquiring mind after you get a PM or e-mail.
    "One you start thinking you're the best then you might as well quit because you wont get any better" - Dale Earnhardt
  • Options
    I HAVE read the TOS on the other site...they say no selling,,and list this:

(o) Posting advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations.

BUT...I think what happened was, I may have posted to one of the "trade" boards...

--The trading forums are for trading only, and should not contain any Hobby Talk posts. Inappropriate posts will be moved to the correct forum or deleted without notice. Repeat violators are subject to suspension or expulsion from the site.

Gee..you can't even trade cold hard cash for junk over there!! Oh well...but did they have to put the threads that were even legit...geeez..

• Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471

<< <i>I HAVE read the TOS on the other site...they say no selling,,and list this:

(o) Posting advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations.

BUT...I think what happened was, I may have posted to one of the "trade" boards...

--The trading forums are for trading only, and should not contain any Hobby Talk posts. Inappropriate posts will be moved to the correct forum or deleted without notice. Repeat violators are subject to suspension or expulsion from the site.

Gee..you can't even trade cold hard cash for junk over there!! Oh well...but did they have to put the threads that were even legit...geeez.. >>

I heard it's to protect dealers on the Beckett marketplace, which is BS (as in stupid, not untrue).
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com