Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone up for a gamble?

What are the odds of receiving this coin? Link to Auction It's marked as a 1909S Lincoln, and the pics show an Indian. Seller with low feedback. If it ends up being an Indian, you could make a few hundred, where it is now.

-Paul
Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com

Comments

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seller says:

A local collector helped me submit the gold, the Carson City Silver dollars (GSA)

Yet many are in old holders. Hmmm....

You have to wonder if he really has the coins.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    commoncents,

That was tempting. It went for about $265. It would be interesting to be able to follow what happens?

raz
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    I won the following coin from this seller Link

I will let you guys know if I receive the coin.

What do you think of the price I paid?
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • Options
    Hijacker,

I can't give much of an opinion on your purchase because I have no experience with that coin. In the roughest of senses, if you get the coin in the pic, you can't have gotten badly hurt just on the basis of a quick look at the Redbook. Others here are far more expert at these. I hope they'll chime in. I'm responding because I want to advance this thread, and am interested in hearing the outcome of your purchase and the purchase of 1909s Indian/Lincoln cent discussed above.

I decided not to bid on the cent because I thought it too likely to degenerate into a pizzing match.

raz

Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    Any idea what the coin would grade? I am hoping for a VF-20 but it is hard to tell.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>commoncents,

That was tempting. It went for about $265. It would be interesting to be able to follow what happens?

raz >>

They got a bargain. I had sent the seller an email asking for clarification, but got the reply too late to bid. The seller said it is in fact an Indian cent as pictured.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    Tincup,

He really lost out on the proverbial bidders war that sellers dream of because I sent him a message 1 hr before closing and still haven't heard, so I didn't bid either. I hope the bidders get their coins. I think both of these are good deals, but felt more familiar with the IHC.

Hijacker, having read Tincup's post, I'd be very encouraged that you will get a good coin. The obverse of the one pictured looks good to me, but who could tell much about the reverse with all the glare? I'd love to be able to help with your question but for me to try to assess a grade for it would be ludicrous.

raz

• Options
    Okay thanks. I will let you guys know if and when I get my coins. Actually, I bought one additional coin from this seller, a NGC 1940-s Mercury dime MS67 FB
    link I think for the price, $103.50, it was a real bargain. Now I just hope I get all the coins. I think I should be fine as I will pay with paypal which has coverage up to $200.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file