Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

60's stickers

A quick question....i have always assumed(and i'm old) that sixties stickers like Green Hornet had a smooth surface on the front. Unless i'm too old, i actually remember buying them and still have some right here. Some folks wrote me that theirs, with the crease, are near-mint because the front crease (that parallels the sticker-cover paper split on the back) is on every Green Hornet sticker. Is my memory gone? Can that be so?image

Comments

• Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Could be, Charlie Brown

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    Good day,
    I have sub'd a lot of 60's stickers. The first clarification is your definition of crease on the front, if it's indeed creased, no it will not grade an NM-MT 8. If it has the hint of where the line is on the front but the Sticker is not creased at that line, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Lastly almost all Stickers from the 60's can be found with a still smooth front where the paper peel line is on the back, this is your only sure fire way to get a NM-MT 8, MINT 9. And I actually have several 60's/70's Stickers that are GEM MINT 10's, but only because looking at them from the front you would never know they had a two piece paper back.
    So botton line anybody selling a Sticker with the Line Break Defined on the front to an actual crease line on the front and telling you it will grade Hiigh is Full of something and I don't mean good will!!!
    Hope this helps
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!