Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Which to collect

My grandparents recently got me a few packs of 2007 fleer, 2007 topps and 2004 Bowman(on sale), and I am thinking about trying to put together atleast a base cards set of one of these series. I was wondering which would be 1:easiest to collect and 2: cheapest to collect. Oh yeah, in my two fleer packs I pulled a Scott Dunn Fresh Ink card and a Paul Lo Duca Jersey Card. No inserts in the topps yet, and just a bunch of normal cards in Bowman other than a Ervin Santana rc and a few decent gold cards. Any opinions?

Comments

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Anyone want to help. Right now I'm leaning toward doing topps first then fleer later and probably not worrying about the bowman and selling them or something.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    2007 TOPPS will be fun.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    JdurgJdurg Posts: 997
    2007 Topps is fun. The card design is a REALLY good one for this year, and there are so many insert sets that you can collect that it makes it fun if you just pick one or two to complete. (Just don't be like me and try to collect EVERY insert set. At that point it gets kind of overwhelming. BTW, got any Generation Now cards? image )
    I collect the elements on the periodic table, and some coins. I have a complete Roosevelt set, and am putting together a set of coins from 1880.
  • Options

<< <i>2007 Topps is fun. The card design is a REALLY good one for this year, and there are so many insert sets that you can collect that it makes it fun if you just pick one or two to complete. (Just don't be like me and try to collect EVERY insert set. At that point it gets kind of overwhelming. BTW, got any Generation Now cards? image ) >>

2007 Topps IS fun. I've always been a fan of Topps though.

Pulled a Pujols Highlights Auto last night! Yes yes 2007 Topps is fun image
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>2007 Topps is fun. The card design is a REALLY good one for this year, and there are so many insert sets that you can collect that it makes it fun if you just pick one or two to complete. (Just don't be like me and try to collect EVERY insert set. At that point it gets kind of overwhelming. BTW, got any Generation Now cards? image ) >>

2007 Topps IS fun. I've always been a fan of Topps though.

Pulled a Pujols Highlights Auto last night! Yes yes 2007 Topps is fun image >>

Nice pull! I'm a Topps man myself. I've been collecting them exclusively for two decades now. I just always have enjoyed Topps' cards because they're always out there, and they're not overpriced like the rest of the industry. (Well at least the base cards, that is).
    I collect the elements on the periodic table, and some coins. I have a complete Roosevelt set, and am putting together a set of coins from 1880.
  • Options
    A reason to collect 2007 Topps image

White Whales:
  • Options
    VERY cool. The Relics/Autos, as well as the platinums and coppers, are the only inserts/parallels I'm avoiding due to potentially INSANE costs of trying to complete the sets. I just can't fathom funding those sets when most likely they're impossible to complete.
  • Options
    I found out about the Red back variation cards this morning. I checked my cards and had about 10 of them. I might go for that set. Pretty easy and cheap but not as easy and cheap as the base set.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    I purchased 9 boxes and did not even get one red back card
    hi to all

Collecting Jordan graded cards,
    Jordan #d cards,

Wanted: Bill Quackenbush cards
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no tsure when it happened cause I don't collect modern, but Ilike that Topps brought back team cards. Reminds me of when I was a kid.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

<< <i>I purchased 9 boxes and did not even get one red back card >>

I think they are only in the Hobby packs. I got mine in a hobby jumbo pack (50 cards i think).
    White Whales:
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Thanks guys, I'm working on the topps right now. I have about 109 out of the 330 in the base set. I also have only 2 gen now cards, and an own the game card(thome)
  • Options
    Check out the 2007 Topps post in the Buy/Sell/Trade, a lot of guys including myself have plenty of extras.
  • Options

<< <i>I purchased 9 boxes and did not even get one red back card >>

Red back -hobby only

photo variations-Walmart

Ted Williams Insert- Target-

K-Mart has a exclusive insert as well.

Plus theres a exclusive insert to racks as well (i think its racks only but certain racks,its visible on top of pack)
    imageimageimage