Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

1908 D NM MS64 $20 PCGS BOUGHT MY FIRST GRADED COIN! THOUGHTS?

Hello to everyone. First, I am not a big time collector. I inherited a little bit of money, and wanted to spend a max of $1500 on my first graded coin. To be honest, if I ever want a different one, I'd have to sell this one. I am aware of price guide book value vs market. Some things don't change no matter what you collect. PCGS guide list this at $2300 MS64, I got it for $1378. I guess if I ever find a 1908-D with motto ms64, I could swap, even though there isn't much difference. I decided the 1908-D in a ms64 is still better then the 1924-1928 ms65's that sell for around $1300. I know it is a higher grade, but the 1908-D ms 64 seems better to me. I bought the coin for the coin, not the holder. Does anyone think I should get it reholdered and/or regraded? Or at least a new updated PCGS reholder? I ask because I can only own one coin at a max of $1500, and I want it to be the best I can get it. I am aware that there are different grading standards perceived with certain holders. Your thoughts please, for a very small time collector, to reholder or not to reholder, that is the question. Thank you.

Comments