Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Shipping overseas question??

I'm curious if anyone ever ships overseas? I state in my listings I only ship to the u.s. and canada but received a message from someone asking if I'd ship to Taiwan.

It's for a card that probably won't reach $10, so there isn't a whole lot of loss I can take, and I feel bad telling someone they can't bid on an auction of mine. The buyer offered to pay by paypal, I assume there is no protection shipping overseas?

If I did ship to him, how much should I charge? He's wanting to know a total now on what I would charge, but I've never shipped there (or anywhere overseas) before. What's a ballpark total I should give him where I could be best covered?

As always, thanks for the help.

shawn

Comments

• Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    The USPS has an overseas shipping calculator for you to determine how much something might cost should you decide to send abroad.

Link

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Thanks DBH, that gives me a total to tell him.

The guy is wanting to bid on a Chien-Ming Wang rookie. He was born in Taiwan, so it's easy enough to believe someone in Taiwan would be interested in the card. The guy has a feedback of 99.4% positive with over 700 transactions, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Just didn't know if it was worth the hassel over a $10 card, and if there was any paypal seller protection to shipping overseas.

shawn
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    That's a difficult question to answer because Paypal's seller protection covers shipments to confirmed addresses and in my experience when shipping overseas, most international paypal customers do not have a confirmed address.

Then there's the whole USPS delivery confirmation (green labels) and signature confirmation (pink labels) not working when shipping to another country, so you'll have to use your judgment as to how you want to send something USPS overseas. For a $10 item going to Taiwan and to a ebay member with good feedback history, I wouldn't worry too much about it. For higher dollar items, I would charge the USPS rate that ensures the item is signed for from their end, which can be pretty expensive when shipping overseas.

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!