Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Wanted PCGS 1951 MS66 Franklin

Comments

• Options
    .......I got one straight out of John Wootens inventory ; purchased from him 10 years ago @ 600$ .............

you figure inflation @ 5% per year ate away half my 600$ at least ......and what kind of investment go's up not a single penny in 10 years ?

you tell me ?? It has a shot @ FBL`s - but there is no way to predict what in tarnations PCGS will do these days .

Anyway ......you can have it at the price it was 10 years ago-pert sure I was 80 somthin' back then .and John Wooten was King of the Franklin world in those days.

I had a nice NGC 66 that I got from the other Lord of Franklins , Rick Tomaska 10 years ago as well ..........

That was a cool 650$ and he noted , " it is one of the nicest MS66 `51-P's he had ever seen "

well , ahhhhh ,,,,,,,,, broke it out and PCGS thought it was only a 65 FBL - so it`s in a 65 holder now ......I dunno , how much you figure I lost on that p.o.s ??

Then there was the other 51 in 66 ; now it`s got a diffrent story ......... saw it raw in a dealers case for three or four years in a row when I'd come down to Milwaukee for their yearly big show . The dealer wanted 75$ for it and that was a heep of money for a raw coin .......

So , hundreds of........in not thousands of "geniuses" walked by his table and passed on it .

I pulled the trigger at long last and sent it to PCGS where they called it a 66 .....sold it for 450$.was pretty blue . Why nobody bought a raw MS66 out of his case all those years it sat there is beond me ....ya know , all these sharp eyed know it all's here on these boards .............