Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thanks to STOWN

Just wanted to acknowledge the genorosity and effort Stown put forth recently. Many weeks ago I won contest he ran. The initial prize he sent me never arrived--might have got hung up at the border by the Customs workers--so he insisted on sending me a new prize. The thing that really stands out is that I think he actually took the time to hand pick the prize as well, because he sent me two graded hockey cards even though he originally told me that he had absolutuely no hockey cards in his collection.

I was very happy to receive a '72 Topps PSA 8 Orr/Espo/Ratelle Assist Leaders card and a '72 OPC PSA 5 Ken Dryden in today's mail.

A great effort by Stown and much appreciated.

Eyebone
"I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough

Comments

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    image Stown.

Stown is definately one of the good guys here.

shawn
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    This is the kind of stuff that is nice to see. image
    Wondo

• Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221

<< <i>image Stown.

Stown is definately one of the good guys here.

shawn >>

I concur. Very nice story
  • Options
    imageimageimageimage
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Stown stands 8 feet 9 inches tall, has fathered 35 kids, and can lift a Volkswagon over his head with one arm. Cheers to Bill Brasky....... I mean Stown........

Lee
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    My pleasure. Sorry you didn't get the first shipment. If it ever arrives, please keep it image

Even short contests get a little something-something.

Oh and Lee, it's 23 accounted for children and only 5'8 1/2. Everything else is accurate.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I knew it, Stown is really Chuck Norris.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Stown, I won a contest of yours a few months agi- you probably don't remember it. But you said the winner got to pick the cartd of their choice from your collection. Send me a list of what you have and I'll pick something. Thanks.

Lee
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I have numerous water damaged cards from the 50's that you can cherry pick to your heart's delight.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts