Home Sports Talk
Options

There's nothing like the feeling of punching a pregnant woman in the face.

kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
Real classy. Way to go Lionel.

TAMPA, Fla. -- Buccaneers running back Lionel Gates was arrested and charged with hitting a pregnant woman in the face and pushing her into a wall during an argument.

The 25-year-old player was being held Friday with no bond, jail records said.

Gates kicked in the front door of Peggie Lavender's apartment Thursday night, destroyed two televisions and two doors, put a hole in the bedroom wall and assaulted her, a Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office report said. He was arrested later at his apartment in the same complex.

Gates was charged with burglary of a dwelling, aggravated battery of a pregnant woman and criminal mischief. A call to his lawyer, Ken Sarnoff, was not immediately returned. The team had no immediate comment.

"Charges such as those facing Lionel Gates are taken seriously by the Buccaneers organization," the team said in a statement Friday. "We plan to meet with Lionel as soon as possible after which we will deal with this matter appropriately."

Gates was signed by Tampa Bay in September after being released by Buffalo. He played in college at Louisville and was drafted by the Bills in 2005.
Travis

Comments

• Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    These football players are getting better and better all the time
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a f*ing scumbag!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    No word from the Bucs?

Guess they condone this type of behavior.

Shame on them.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>No word from the Bucs?

Guess they condone this type of behavior.

Shame on them.

image >>

They drafted Warren Sapp. They got lucky on that but the odds are you sign POS like this and it doesn't pay off - not in today's NFL.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    The NFL commissioner is going to be kept quite busy handing out punishment when the new tougher off the field discipline policy is finally put into place.

This kind of stuff just keeps coming up in the NFL and other sports as well.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    What did Warren Sapp do? I must have forgotten that one ...
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options

<< <i>What did Warren Sapp do? I must have forgotten that one ... >>

I forget exactly, in college something to do with drugs maybe, I don't feel like Googling it, too long ago anyway, but I do remember he got picked much lower in that draft than he normally would have. And he turned out to be a punk anyway, with threatening that assistant head coach and such. Yes, an excellent player, possibly a Hall of Famer, but a punk nevertheless. Most punks in the NFL have very short careers if they have any career at all.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very few things are worse than that, this guy should just do everyone a favor and jump off a building.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    perk -

The newest Sterger shot on Barstool Sports.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG!!!!!! These Pics keep getting better and BETTER!!!!

That sight is going to be added to my favorites ASAP, GOOD LOOKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image