Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does PSA only charge you right before your submission is complete?

That is...do they only take money out of your credit card or cash your check right before the cards are actually graded? In the past, in my very limited number of submissions, I notice that when my card is charged it is no more than a few days later that my grades pop online. However, this is the first monthly special I have participated in and my card has been charged after only 5 days at PSA...so it made me curious. Is it just purely coincidence that it was charged so close to grading time before? Or is that the trend that you guys see as well? Thanks!

- Joe

Comments

• Options
    airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    Also....how long do monthly specials typically take? I was under the assumption that 30 or more days was the probable turnaround...
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My limited turnarounds have been 10 days, but that has only been a few submissions.

Since my turnarounds have been fast, I cannot comment on the charging/cashing of card/bank. But hopefully that is a good sign as they have opened your box and sending them out to the grader(s).
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    airjoedan

In my experiences (several,) PSA will run your card or deposit your check as soon as the submission is entered into the system... usually a day or two after they arrive. This however has no barring on your cards being near completion. The monthly $5 specials normally NORMALLY take a month to nearly three months to pop... SO, you card may have been ran yesterday, but it might not be a long while before you see your grades.

Of course, this is just my experience. My suggestion?... except it as the standard and you'll never be let down.

Best of luck! All 10's!!! ... ok, maybe (1) 9 image

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    My CC was run about nine weeks ago; my grades are not yet available.
  • Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    They usually charge your card right before grading and right after the final comparison check. All though, sometimes you slip through the cracks and you don't get charged until a year and a half after you get your cards backimage
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was charged when they log it into the system.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    They charge you as soon as your submission is logged in.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    I've noticed that some people here have posted their grades from the March submission special and the date from logged in to poppage seems to be between 13 and 16 days.
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    shag is right on the money.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06