Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This is Babe Ruth's Arm?

I'm not questioning the auction, I'm sure it's legit, it's just that I'm surprised The Babe would have such small arms. And I always see pics where he seems somewhat chubby. Must be the uniforms, I guess...

Photo of Babe Ruth's and Jack Dempsey's arms.

Comments

• Options
    What!! No pot belly!! image
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I thought the catolog stated it was Ruth's and Gehrig's arms??
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, the picture states it's from the Christy Walsh collection. Walsh was Lou Gehrig's business manager.
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    You asked the question incorrectly. It should be stated:

This!!! is !!!! Babe!!!! Ruth's!!!! arm?!!!! HOF - Sultan of Swat!!!!!!!!
    Wondo

• Options
    amazing what lack of steroids will force a player to do image

rely on talent and skill image

it must be a YOUNG ruth... where is the beer gut image
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Which one is "giving buckwheat a headlock"?
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Which one is "giving buckwheat a headlock"? >>

If that is Dempsey, I would have to say that Ruth is the Buckwheat headlocker. The paw on the left looks like a fighters paw and the the paw on the right looks like a pitchers paw. I don't think there is much of a chance that Ruth could have been a good pitcher with the short stubby fingers on the left.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    On the photo of the backside of this pic, it is written "Gehrig and Ruth"...
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>On the photo of the backside of this pic, it is written "Gehrig and Ruth"... >>

Good eye, I wonder which it is??
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody a nipple expert? Maybe we can discern who is in the left of the photo.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    The online description says that the mailed catalog had Gehrig's name in error, and that it's really Dempsey.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Are they lying in bed together?

Lee
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody a nipple expert? Maybe we can discern who is in the left of the photo. >>

Yeah, but not those kind of nipples.
    Travis
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Anybody a nipple expert? Maybe we can discern who is in the left of the photo. >>

Yeah, but not those kind of nipples. >>

Beat me to it image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I don't know if it's the Babe's arm, but it does look like a baby arm

This phrase, recently popularized by the "Lee Corso has a baby arm" sign seen at the 2006 Texas/Ohio State football game broadcast, originated on the Ticket, 1310 AM in Dallas, TX. A weekend morning show called The Rant, hosted by Gordon Keith proposed a hypothetical after a long discussion about Grady Stiles (the man with "lobster claw" hands that became a sideshow legend). The hypothetical was as such:
    Would you rather have a baby arm (an arm that is far underdeveloped on a full size person, which is a common defect), or a lobster claw?
    The lobster claw would be on a normal sized arm, so it's a normal arm with the claw or a mutant mini baby sized arm on a regular sized person.
    Baby arm has become a generic phrase used by the staff of the Ticket as well as the listeners. It is mostly a greeting, and has been championed most in recent times by BAD Radio (a show on the Ticket), although all hosts might spit it out here or there. Dan McDowell, co-host of the BAD Radio show actually wrote a song about baby arm and performed it at the Ticket's yearly convention called Ticketstock. It was set to the tune of Candyman.

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all in the wrists m'boy, the wrists.