Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Who is Mikescardcloset on Ebay

He is buying many HOF Rookie cards for football. Seems to never lose.

Comments

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    That would be Michael W. Moore. At one time I was buying PSA Steve Young and he kept outbidding me on every card regardless what I bid. I think he slowed down a little on Young though as I picked up a couple PSA 10's 1997 Finest Gold's (regular and embossed die-cut) last week at a good price. Of course now that I am writing this, and since I am sure he follows the board I probley shot myself in the foot.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    He has posted several times on the football HOF rc thread.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    I notice he gets the first low bid in on alot of cards, maybe hoping no one outbids him and he gets a good cad for cheap
  • Options
    clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭
    He's been putting in first bids on many of the Pucketts I've been grabbing off eBay.

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    He's on here, his user id is mikescardcloset on the boards too. Has a Dr Spock avatar.

He does place the opening bid on a lot of cards, wins quite a few too. I've gotten into a couple bidding battles with him a couple of times but I don't really want to draw them out as I don't want either of us to have to overpay. There are plenty of others out there in most cases, so I usually let it go.

He's built up a pretty good collection, and in most cases, fairly reasonably. He must do a search every single day for every card he needs. I just don't have that kind of time. lol (Not to say I don't spend a fair amount of work time on these boards and ebay...)
  • Options
    I notice he has alot of great sets. I didnt realize Michael Moore was Mikes Card closet either. He has such a wide variety of cards he bids on. Im never surprised to see his $1.25 bid on a card 30 minutes after it hits the Bay, only to be outbid 1 day later by someone willing to pay $2.00.
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I notice he has alot of great sets. I didnt realize Michael Moore was Mikes Card closet either. He has such a wide variety of cards he bids on. Im never surprised to see his $1.25 bid on a card 30 minutes after it hits the Bay, only to be outbid 1 day later by someone willing to pay $2.00. >>

He may have a snipe service. I usually put in the lowest bid I can at the open and then the last day of the auction put in my snipe bid. That way I do not have a ton of listings on just snipe. And easier to use the Ebay engine for researching (how bad do I want this card) before placing a snipe.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    I prefer to watch the item, not bid on it, and then snipe.

That way no one knows Im in the hunt for that card, and they get complacent and not watch it. God I hate it when that happens to me......
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help guys. I have noticed he was bidding on some HOF Rookies that I was. He has some nice stuff. I just won a PSA 7 Jim Ringo Rookie 1955 Bowman for $144. Don't know if I paid too much though. But being a Packer Fan I wanted it. Plus I have not seen a 7 for a long time.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the help guys. I have noticed he was bidding on some HOF Rookies that I was. He has some nice stuff. I just won a PSA 7 Jim Ringo Rookie 1955 Bowman for $144. Don't know if I paid too much though. But being a Packer Fan I wanted it. Plus I have not seen a 7 for a long time. >>

The last 7s I saw brought a lot more than you paid. I think it was a nice buy on a nice card. Davemri sold me a 6 a month ago or I would have been bidding against you.

Nice deal.
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    I sold my PSA 7 back in September for $119...

The one jimq112 may be referring to sold early in 2006 for $325...Must have been a really nice one as they typically sell $75-$125. This was the first one listed since November though and the market for HOF RCs has adjusted upwards since then. I think $150 is about right.

Very undervalued card based on how much a PSA 8 will cost you (4 digits). Only the Bob St. Clair from the 1955 Bowman RCs will run you more..Should continue to go up along with the rest of the HOF RCs...

I think Mike bids as I do, which is to track final sale prices and grab any bargains that slip through the cracks. i usually set snipes for anything I am seriously after. Not hard to tell wha tthat might be after a quick look at my PSA Registred sets..lol

Jason
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    Didn't I buy your Ringo Jason? I thought it was in the $90 range..

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Didn't I buy your Ringo Jason? I thought it was in the $90 range..

Dave >>

Quite possibly. Do you remember when you got it? I also sold one in early August that I got in a trade which is likely the $90 one...

Another sold for $75ish around the same time...There were 3-4 of these on during football season...

Its really the supply and demand thing...As more people that NEED the card obtain it, the prices/demand will go down. But since none have been in 5 months and new collectors are chasing it, prices go back up...

Jason

EDITED TO ADD: Dave, you did get one from me.Early August-- $84.
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    Dave, also looking through my e-mail archives and I sold another PSA 7 Ringo back in Feb. 06. Because you had actually e-mailed me regarding the listing on my website at $100 but it had already been sold.

So many cards, so little time..lol

Jason
  • Options
    Yes, that sounds right......Yes, it is hard to keep track of everything. I am not a good record keeper... Everything is stored in my head.....

I wish I would have kept records of all my buys and sells, but too time consuming for me.. Plus, if the wife ever found my records, I'd be in trouble..... image

dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    dumb question-but is this guy the same person as mikescardsdotcom on ebay? the bidding pattern sounds very familiar.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I didnt realize Michael Moore was Mikes Card closet either. >>

Me, either. I've noticed him both places, I just didn't connect the two names.