Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Best place to buy Minor League Team Sets ?

A friend and I are wanting to buy all the Southern League Double A team sets and get some autographs on them before some games this year. Anyone have any suggestions for the best place to get Minor league team sets ?
And Maybe a list of the hottest minor league prospects ?
Thanks, T_bank

Comments

• Options
    beach64beach64 Posts: 218 ✭✭
    I buy my local team, Fort Myers Miracle, at the team gift shop. You can normally get the other teams sets by their websites.
    One thing I do is also get one team lower than my team so you can get those players when they are called up. Otherwise they may be gone before you get a chance for their autograph.
  • Options
    ripkenintheminorsripkenintheminors Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭
    There are some sites that specialize in the minor league sets, but I don't have the links on this computer.

this site may be able to help. However, I echo the above sentiment and suggest calling the team clubhouse store.

So are you getting ready for the Tennessee Smokies to come to town? I was told that Sean Gallagher will be their opening day starter. Jeff Samardjiza is apparently starting the year in Daytona.
  • Options
    Years back I bought from Lake County Minor League they seemed a bit pricier on some issues. They have vintage,singles,hot player specials and grab bags of junk. Request a catalog. Its a interesting read.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    T_Bank,

I know there's a guy on ebay who only sells minor league stuff. From team sets, to singles to graded cards ... only minor league. He's got a rather large inventory as well. I used to come across him all the time when I was buying Jon Lester stuff last year. I'll see if I can hunt him down.

Arthur
  • Options
    Okay, that didn't take as long as I thought.

This guy has over 2200 items in his store and it seems like it is all minor league stuff. Over 3700+ with 99.9%

These folks have over 2500 items in their store (looks to be many, many team sets) with 100% FB on 6700+.

This guy has some minor league team sets as well. 99.7% on 7300

Hope that helps.

Arthur

• Options
    I know this other guy. his name will come to me???
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the info guys !
    Chris, is gallagher a hot prospect for the cubs? As you know we still have the West Tenn Diamond Jaxx here in Jackson, They are the AA affiliate for Seattle now.
    If anyone knows of any big time prospects in the southern league AA system it would be a big help.
    Would you guys rather have auto's on cards or on official baseballs ?

Thanks again for all the info everyone,
    T_Bank

• Options
    Sean Gallagher and Donald Veal should be 1-2 in the Tennessee rotation this year. Both of them are studs. I'm pretty confident that Jeff will get a promotion to AA as well. Hopefully the SL is as talent loaded this season as it has been in the past.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for all the info guys !
    Chris, is gallagher a hot prospect for the cubs? As you know we still have the West Tenn Diamond Jaxx here in Jackson, They are the AA affiliate for Seattle now.
    If anyone knows of any big time prospects in the southern league AA system it would be a big help.

T_Bank >>

I think balls would be more popular. But Im not too familiar with that area.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    The main difference I see between balls and cards is that once you have a player's signature on a baseball that's about it. I mean, are people out collecting multiple copies of the same player's sig on multiple balls? Whereas with cards people are more apt to purchase/acquire more than one copy of the same auto card. Therefore, if you're selling, cards may be a better bet. Plus, balls are balls whereas cards have many different issues with different real/perceived scarcity.

Arthur

* I get the feeling this post will be the source of numerous jokes.
  • Options
    Getting cards signed gets the best possibility for multiple autographs. Especially in Jackson, a person can get multiple cards signed by a player if they're all lined up.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for all the info guys !

T_Bank >>

Reid Brignac and Evan Longoria of the Montgomery Biscuits are BIG TIME players.