Home Sports Talk

Jennifer Steinbrenner and Hubby Greg Swindel file for divorce--Yankee Empire in limbo?

DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
You read this I am sure. Greg Swindel, the son-in-law, was eventually going to succeed Steinbrenner as the big boss of the Yankees.

The divorce changes everything. Its sad how marriages get torn up. I wonder what was so important to finally call it quits. Will Greg Swindel fight for a piece of the pie? Its a mess. Nothing good could become of it.

I don't know the details, but if Greg Swindel is the one who first initiates the split, he should pack up and leave and forget about the piece of the pie from the Yankee Empire for he can't have his cake and eat it too. If Jennifer is the one who wants to split, she must give something to Greg for all those years of loyalty which were only jepordized by her.
"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee

Comments

• << <i>Will Greg Swindel fight for a piece of the pie?

<< <i>

Well, there's no way he's going to be able to compete in court with ol' George's money.

God, I love bad news for the Yankees. Granted, this doesn't really affect the team (now at least), but I'll take whatever I can get!

Go Sox!
  • kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Is this the same Greg Swindel that used to pitch for the Astros?
    Travis
  • Looks like I should take trip to NY, what should I bring, flowers, chocolate, a pitcher? I could be persuaded to call George "dad".
  • MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    I thought that Steinbrenner's son (not son in law) was going to take over the team when George passes from the scene.
  • MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>I thought that Steinbrenner's son (not son in law) was going to take over the team when George passes from the scene. >>

Just did a little google research and found out that Swindel is a general partner in the Yankees along with Steinbrenner's two sons.
    It is possible that the partnership will be transferred to the Steinbrenner's daughter in the divorce proceedings but who knows, these
    things can get complicated.
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    George controls all, hardly "bad news" for the Yankees. image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• << <i>Is this the same Greg Swindel that used to pitch for the Astros? >>

Different guy. He's now a volunteer assistant coach for the Texas Longhorns.

The "other" Greg Swindell
  • George's ex son-in-law is Steve Swindal not Greg Swindel.
  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Greg, Steve, whatever, I typed it late at night and was not thinking straightimage

It happens to the best of us.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee