Home Metal Detecting

Newbie asking for help

OK, I am new to metal detecting. I got a metal detector for christmas and I want to start using it. I live in Colorado. Are there laws about where I can detect and where I can't? How do I go about finding good places? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Comments

• Find a local metal detector dealer and ask. Also see if any local detecting clubs can help.

I like to hunt kids play areas-tot lots. Old pic nic areas. Swimming areas.

Have Fun

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See if you can find a copy of Coinshooting by H. Glenn Carson, or pick up a copy or two of or better yet, a subscription to Western & Eastern Treasures magazine- Carson used to have a regular column in the back of the publication, and maybe he still does. Not only is he a good writer with much advice on how and where to detect, he's from Colorado, just like you.

Here is a link to Western & Eastern Treasures online. Their "Treasurenet" forums are probably the biggest detecting/treasure hunting internet forums out there. Hanging out here and over there will help give you some ideas.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Thank You for the help!!!