Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grading: Submission submitted

Hey Guys,

Quick question wondering if I should be worried. I sent a few cards in for grading using the 10 day level plan. I sent the cards USPS w/ delivery confirmation. I checked the USPS website and the package was received on Monday of this week. Unfortunately I still have NOT received a confirmation email from PSA stating that the cards have been received and is in the order of being processed. Should I be worried or is it just delayed?

Since I am paying for the 10 day service, is the order going to be processed the day the package was received or when they decide to open the package?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    It's important to mark the fastest service ordered on the outside of the box. If you didn't mark it then it's easy for it to get mixed in or to end up on the problem shelf. That happened to me once, I called cosetta and I was brand new less than an hour later.

They start the clock when it gets logged in, and the 10 days are business days from the time it gets logged in.

I think they might have a lot of boxes there since they took submissions at the show a week and a half ago.

That's all I can think of, if you didn't mark the box then call them!
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Dont worry I just had 3 of my 4 subs that i submitted at the PSA booth in chicago on 3/18 just logged in.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

My last order like the one that just arrived at PSA on 3-24-07, probably will be entered tomorrow, followed by 3 more days of waiting for them to hit my Credit Card crossing my fingers) they get graded as quickly as the last order by April 6th.
  • Options
    Hi- I just got done using the 10 day service at $15 an item and here is the timeline of my order.. Sent from MN the last week of February and arrived at psa on Friday, March 2nd. Logged in on Monday, March 12th.. Grades popped on Tuesday, March 27th.. Don't worry!! It is there and they are so backlogged everyone has to wait!! Hopefully your sub gets logged in quicker than mine! That was the one thing that bothered me the most... not getting logged in for over a week!
    Paul
  • Options
    The whole "the clock doesnt start ticking till we log your order in" is pretty crappy really. I know it is just an accepted part of the process, but if you are paying for "10 days guaranteed" then surely the clock should start ticking the moment it reaches them and as long as everything is in order they should have 10 days to get the order out from when it was received. Not 10 days from when they decide to log it in. That really means there are no guaranteed times at all.
  • Options
    f2tornadof2tornado Posts: 180 ✭✭

<< <i>The whole "the clock doesnt start ticking till we log your order in" is pretty crappy really. I know it is just an accepted part of the process, but if you are paying for "10 days guaranteed" then surely the clock should start ticking the moment it reaches them and as long as everything is in order they should have 10 days to get the order out from when it was received. Not 10 days from when they decide to log it in. That really means there are no guaranteed times at all. >>

Agree. While I poked at BGS customer service in another thread I will say they are quick to log your sub, usually the day after receiving. You might as well send at the longest turnaround time and save some money if your time isn't really guaranteed in the first place.
    "One you start thinking you're the best then you might as well quit because you wont get any better" - Dale Earnhardt
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Agree. While I poked at BGS customer service in another thread I will say they are quick to log your sub, usually the day after receiving.

Yup. Wish PSA would take note and do something to change their practices; but doubtful.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The whole "the clock doesnt start ticking till we log your order in" is pretty crappy really. I know it is just an accepted part of the process, but if you are paying for "10 days guaranteed" then surely the clock should start ticking the moment it reaches them and as long as everything is in order they should have 10 days to get the order out from when it was received. Not 10 days from when they decide to log it in. That really means there are no guaranteed times at all. >>

I agree with this 100%. Having a guarantee and then allowing the items to set on a shelf until you get time to log them in is a joke.

My latest is this: I sent in the order for my six free submissions, which I think are guaranteed at the 10 day level. I also sent in a couple of cards to have an auto graded and authenticated in the SAME BOX. Filled out the two different forms, etc. The auto cards have been received, graded, and are being sent back to me, the free voucher HAS NOT EVEN BEEN LOGGED IN!!

So someone opened my package, looked at the two orders, logged in for one service, and put the other order back in the box??? Makes zero sense. I guess sense the free voucher has a time line, they can set it on a shelf and not log it in until they're ready?? Makes no sense at all to me.

shawn
  • Options

Agree. It really is absurd if you stop and think about it.