Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1951 bowman mantle with bat piece

Folks look at ebay 300095240609. It looked all right until the description of the Mantle card by the person said that it was graded a psa 2 because it had moved around alot. Could a persom have submitted a pice of bat to beckett with a card for a grade or is this listing a scam?

Comments

• Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Linking is fun.

Beckett provided the bat. They used to do this for an extra fee, but I'm not sure if they still do. I don't know if it adds any value here, though it may.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Considering all the guy has done on Ebay is buy 2 video games and 3 accessories for his Subaru, I don't think I'll be bidding on his vintage anytime soon.
    Travis
  • Options
    More marketing gimmicks.
    From the Beckett website:

Create-A-Card, Increase the value of your ungraded and graded cards by adding memorabilia!

View our complete list of memorabilia options HERE. You will be able to make your selection on Step 4 of the grading submission process.

Authenticated Game and Event Used Memorabilia from today's biggest stars
    Choose memorabilia from Baseball Bats, Jerseys, Numbers, Patches, Fire Suits, Shoes, Pants, and more...
    Quality grading service for your modern cards
    Internal sleeve for maximum protection
    Half-point grading scale for more precise assessment
    Online Population Report available 24/7
    Detailed Report Card providing specific information on why your card received its final grade
    On-time, every time guarantee

I'm sure they have a pile of Mantle bat pieces in a coffee cup somewhere....
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Dang, ANOTHER grandfather who passed his cards down! Some people win the lottery just by being born!!
  • Options
    Not a bad looking 2. The "fragment" of bat looks a little State Carninval for my tastes.