Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I have some Topps Baseball Cards w/Desert Shield logos stamped in them.

I haven't been able to find pricing on these anywhere. They're flawless cards. I don't have any major superstars, but I do have a few good players. Robin Yount, Gregg Jeffries, etc.

Any idea about pricing of these cards in good shape? (or where I could find pricing on them)

thanks again.
-- Ryan Bell

Comments

• Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Here's a recent thread on the topic. Yes they are worth something if legit.

Thread
    Travis
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Lot of fakes. The Sheild should be embossed and the tree should lean and not be straight
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭
    Raw cards trade at .50 - $.75 in bulk lots on ebay. Stars do trade for more. The Chipper and Ryan cards can bring big bucks.

What cards do you have? List the numbers and condition and I'll take a crack at it for ya.

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's a recent thread on the topic. Yes they are worth something if legit.

Thread >>

These are not fakes. I bought them when they came out. image
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options

<< <i>Raw cards trade at .50 - $.75 in bulk lots on ebay. Stars do trade for more. The Chipper and Ryan cards can bring big bucks.

What cards do you have? List the numbers and condition and I'll take a crack at it for ya. >>

Thanks. I'll post them when I look at them soon. I appreciate the help! image

I know one is a Robin Yount.
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    Ryan, if you post the numbers and condition I'll help ya price them.

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options

<< <i>Ryan, if you post the numbers and condition I'll help ya price them. >>

All are straight out of the pack. Perfect.

I don't have anything great, but here are the only ones I've flagged as being good at all:

Robin Yount
    Gregg Jeffries
    Brady Anderson
    Rafael Palmeiro
    Tom Glavine

[However, I did find something cool while I was looking for these cards. An unopened '89 Hoops pack with a Jordan on the front (you can see through the pack on the front, two '87 Donruss Rack Packs (1 with Nolan Ryan and Pete Rose on the fronts, and one with Ripken and Clemens on the front), and three unopened '89 Fleer Cellos with Griffey, Jr on the front. ]
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    James,

You are in great luck! There is a pricing dream going on ebay right now. Someone is breaking up a set and EVERY SINGLE card is listed as a single w opening bid of .99

Check out the listings when they close (5 days) and you'll have very good "market price" for your items.

Just a few notes, cards you think may not be popular may well be as low pop singles, commons can sell well above smr if there are few graded 9's and 10's. Yount, Glavine and Palmeiro should be in the $3-8 range and the other two are commons $1-2. If graded they would bring prices much higher as 9's and 10's. Condition is the key to this set. PSA 10's of any of these guys should be $50-$100, maybe even $150 if a 1/1.

Mike

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • Options

<< <i>James,

You are in great luck! There is a pricing dream going on ebay right now. Someone is breaking up a set and EVERY SINGLE card is listed as a single w opening bid of .99

Check out the listings when they close (5 days) and you'll have very good "market price" for your items.

Just a few notes, cards you think may not be popular may well be as low pop singles, commons can sell well above smr if there are few graded 9's and 10's. Yount, Glavine and Palmeiro should be in the $3-8 range and the other two are commons $1-2. If graded they would bring prices much higher as 9's and 10's. Condition is the key to this set. PSA 10's of any of these guys should be $50-$100, maybe even $150 if a 1/1.

Mike >>

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated! image
    -- Ryan Bell