Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Shouldn't this Emmitt Smith card be in the Master set?

I'm getting a Golden Press book pulled apart, and it got me thinking about the other perforated pull-apart sets like 1990 Target Dodgers, police sets, etc. I've seen the Target sets graded, and, of course, the Golden Press sets. In February of '96, this box of valentines, put out by Classic Games, made it's way onto grocery shelves in my area:

It contains 30 cards, standard size, on three perforated sheets; 10 cards per sheet. It is a four card set, so there are two sets plus two extra Steve Youngs on each sheet:

The set says 1995, but the back of one of the cards refers to the 1995 season, so I'm not sure if it would be considered '95 or '96, but given the fact that it seems to fill the requirements for a graded card set, why are there none? Here's a pic of the 4 card backs:

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Mark -- it can simply be a matter of either a) none have been graded yet or b) some have been graded, but no one has formally requested it be added to the Master set
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    What were you doing buying Valentines? image

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    neat set, ive never seen it before.. i wonder if lawnmowerman knows it exists..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Send Matt the Emmitt...but be sure to write "With love" and sign your name on the back!!
  • Options
    It's probably what mikeschmidt says. In the case of a newly graded card (meaning no one has ever had one graded) it would be added to a player set registry as "optional" until there were at least three graded. You could submit it both ways, as a single card or individually to add two to the payer set. It's done that way for hostess cards.

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Those are pretty cool. I remember there were a couple other NFL valentine cards as well, but I don't remember if they were made (or licensed) by Classic.

I will look for the Steve Young one I have and post a photograph tonight.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.