Home Sports Talk
Options

former NFL receiver Johnnie Morton is gonna fight june 2nd..

pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
he'll make his mma debut at k-1 Heros USA in los angeles..

i saw michael westbrook kick jarrod bunch's ass a couple years ago at KOTC..

alonzo spellman also gave it a try, and won a forgettable 3 round decision in november of last year..
·p_A·

Comments

• Options

<< <i> saw michael westbrook kick jarrod bunch's ass a couple years ago at KOTC.. >>

Not surprising - I remember when he fought Stephen Davis in practice and kicked the crap out of him - the picture in the paper the next day showed him sitting atop Davis, his punching arm a blur...
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Morton's stone hands should be perfect for fighting because they weren't for catching footballs.
    Travis
  • Options

<< <i>Morton's stone hands should be perfect for fighting because they weren't for catching footballs. >>

ka-zing!
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Just FYI. Westbrook sucker punched Davis as he was kneeling on the ground (taking a knee) next to him during practice. Davis never saw the first punch coming.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options

I had always kind of wondered about the back story, got this from the Washington Times -

With the Redskins, Westbrook and controversy were life partners, a relationship fostered by the infamous training camp episode with teammate Stephen Davis.
    Westbrook might be seventh in receptions in team history and eighth in receiving yards, but he is etched in Redskins lore as the guy who decked and pummeled Davis, then a reserve running back, during a practice in 1997. The fight, such as it was, was taped and photographed for mass consumption and shows Westbrook whaling away on a prostrate Davis, whose face was bloodied.
    Westbrook said razzing from teammates over the Lamborghini he drove and his big contract in general led up to it.
    "I was telling those guys they were jealous of me," he said last week. "I said, 'You come into my house and you go, 'Wow.' You see my car and you go, 'Wow.' Then every time I come into the locker room, you want to get quiet. I know everything you say about me.' "
    Westbrook said Davis then came over, described what he was saying as nonsense preceded by a homosexual slur, "and then I punched him." And kept punching him.

<< <i>Just FYI. Westbrook sucker punched Davis as he was kneeling on the ground (taking a knee) next to him during practice. Davis never saw the first punch coming. >>

Not defending Westbrook, but if the homosexual slur thing is true, Davis might have wanted to keep his head up around the dude...
  • Options
    johnny morton got KO'd in about 5 seconds, and he';s been asleep now for about 5 minutes..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    hes getting carried out on a stretcher..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    the next time johnnie Morton fights, it will be seen in "BUM FIGHTS VIII"
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    he couldn't get off the line in the NFL and they don't punch!!!

good luck with that career move
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    As a Chiefs fan who had to endure his wonderful abilities for several years, I can say with great sincerity that it was nice to see him get punched in the face.

Now, if Juan Gonzalez can only stay healthy enough to get in the ring...
    Travis
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was he knocked senseless enough that he couldn't even go into his end zone dance, the 'worm' while he was down?
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    He couldn't "play dead"