Home Sports Talk
Options

Anyone like to help my friend? (Chicago Cubs vote)

Long story short, a good friend lives in Monroe, Louisiana. Since Monroe does not have a local Major League Baseball team, Monroe sponsors a vote where people can submit the team of their choice to be chosen as their "hometown team", meaning that the Monroe newspaper will specifically follow the team that gets the most votes.

In the initial vote, the Cubs should have won the overall vote. However, 80+ votes were "misplaced" and were not counted towards the initial vote. Because of this, there is a runoff between the Houston Astros and Chicago Cubs, the top 2 teams receiving votes. I am sure my friend would appreciate it if you sent an e-mail helping the cause. All you have to do is send an e-mail to the following address: sports@thenewsstar.com with hometown team in the subject. In the body, simply write that you would like to vote for the Cubs. I believe the voting ends at noon on Friday so act fast! Feel free to forward this to your friends as well. If you have a fax, you can fax an entry to 318-362-0279

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Options
    i think ill vote for the astros image
  • Options
    Can you tell us a little more about the town and its fans? At first, I would say Astros, but the Cubs have a very national following thanks to the team's marketing, big market, and WGN televised games (a lot less on WGN in recent years, though).

Are Astros' games broadcast in town?

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    ripkenintheminorsripkenintheminors Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can you tell us a little more about the town and its fans? At first, I would say Astros, but the Cubs have a very national following thanks to the team's marketing, big market, and WGN televised games (a lot less on WGN in recent years, though).

Are Astros' games broadcast in town? >>

I was told that the Astros and Rangers receive coverage, but the coverage is at or less than 80 games. Essentially the Cubs are as available as they are with WGN.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i think ill vote for the astros image >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    Done.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions