Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

PSA 9 PD '69 Mantle ending Wednesday night

I know qualifiers send a lot of collectors scurrying for the hills, but if you're in the market for a '69 Mantle with razor corners and nice centering, this fits the criteria:

'69 Mantle

I'm also selling a PSA 9 '73 Clemente, ending Wednesday night as well. Thanks for looking.
"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Ending in less than an hour...
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    shag,
    nice card. is it nicked on the left edge toward the bottom or is that from the scan?

from the scan, the PD is hardly noticeable. good luck on the auction, it's not everyday you see a MINT mantle regardless of the year.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    david, i agree 100%.

i watched this card and really wanted it, for less than $500, this was IMHO the fuqn deal of THE YEAR. however the scan doesn't reflect PD very well, the scan, however, looks pretty sterling.

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    The nick you guys are seeing on the left border is actually a stray print dot. Above it there actually is a very slight nick, but it's really, really small. There's quite a bit of snow, so the PD is justified. I bought this card for $798 on eBay in January, so as it turns out I took a bath on it. If I knew it would sell this cheap, I would've put a reserve on it. I didn't think it would lose half it's value in 3 months, but you never can tell, especially with qualified cards. It's a crap shoot. Oh well. You win some, you lose some. The guy that won it told me he was the underbidder on the previous one. At least he's happy. image
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭

<< <i>The nick you guys are seeing on the left border is actually a stray print dot. Above it there actually is a very slight nick, but it's really, really small. There's quite a bit of snow, so the PD is justified. I bought this card for $798 on eBay in January, so as it turns out I took a bath on it. If I knew it would sell this cheap, I would've put a reserve on it. I didn't think it would lose half it's value in 3 months, but you never can tell, especially with qualified cards. It's a crap shoot. Oh well. You win some, you lose some. The guy that won it told me he was the underbidder on the previous one. At least he's happy. image >>

In the future, the $4-8 reserve fee might not be a bad investment against losing on the card, especially one you'd be happy to keep.

As you said, though, it's a crap shoot. On to other things image
  • Options

<< <i>In the future, the $4-8 reserve fee might not be a bad investment against losing on the card, especially one you'd be happy to keep. >>

You might be right. As a collector, I'm not a big fan of reserve auctions though. I actually thought the lowest ot would go was $500. Guess I was wrong! image

By the way, isn't the reserve change refunded if an item sells?
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Using a reserve or a high opening is the same price now.